Thread poster: Natalya Zelikova
Natalya Zelikova
Natalya Zelikova  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 15:12
English to Russian
+ ...
Mar 26, 2004

Yesterday I had a problem with already installed Trados 5.0 I worked in for a year - suddenly I couldn't create new TM because of absence of Russian language in the language list (previously it was there and all RusEng TMs created before can be easily opened). I tried to reinstall it and found that Ukrainian language chosen while installation do not work as well as Russian. I chose English, Russian, Ukrainian and some other languages while reinstallation - all of them are active when I try to wo... See more
Yesterday I had a problem with already installed Trados 5.0 I worked in for a year - suddenly I couldn't create new TM because of absence of Russian language in the language list (previously it was there and all RusEng TMs created before can be easily opened). I tried to reinstall it and found that Ukrainian language chosen while installation do not work as well as Russian. I chose English, Russian, Ukrainian and some other languages while reinstallation - all of them are active when I try to work except Russian and Ukrainian.
Today I installed another version - Trados 6.0 and found the same problem - all languages except these two.

Could anyone recommend me what can be done about it? Should I reinstall Windows or else? Where the problem lies?

Thanks in advance,
Natalya
Collapse

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
+ ...
More details required Mar 26, 2004

Hi Natalya,
Can you please indicate which version of Trados you're using (i.e. Freelance, LSP or other, and including the full version number)?

If you're using Freelance, which languages did you select upon installation?

Best regards, Ralf

Natalya Zelikova
Poland
English to Russian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
TRADOS 6 Freelance Mar 26, 2004

It's TRADOS 6 Freelance.
Number - Trados 6.0.0.309 - (Build 310).

Languages I chose were - Eng, Ger, Pol, Rus, Ukr.

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
+ ...
Reinstall T6 Mar 26, 2004

Hi again,
I'm not too sure what's happened here, but I guess it's worth de-installing T6 and re-installing it from scratch (no need to reinstall Windows).

Have you contacted Trados Support?
It might also be worthwhile checking the archives of the TW_users group.

Best regards, Ralf

Natalya Zelikova
Poland
English to Russian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Windows reinstallation Mar 26, 2004

I reinstalled my Windows as it was obvious that there was some problem with multilingual support, although I still don't know what exactly.
But now it works

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

TRADOS: Some languages dissapeared and missing after reinstallation

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »