Alex Pszczola
Alex Pszczola  Identity Verified
Local time: 08:32
English to Polish
+ ...
Mar 30, 2004

Hello,
Please help - urgent.
I exported Pagemaker 7 file through Storycollector - Trados 6. Translated in Tageditor and then attempted to import back. I got error message: Unable to import translated text.
Screenshot: www.volny.cz/haridas/
How depressing! All the work for nothing!
Other files imported ok.
Best regards,
EN, CZ, RU >>>>> PL

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 09:32
English to German
+ ...
Moving the thread... Mar 30, 2004

...Trados Support.

Ilde Grimaldi
Ilde Grimaldi  Identity Verified
Member (2003)
English to Italian
+ ...
suggestion Mar 30, 2004

I don't know if this can be of help in your case. 4 years ago, when I tried to reimport my first catalogues from Trados into PageMaker, there was no way to reimport the text (I had exported it with Story collector). After some hours I found what was the solution in my case.
I had tried to re-import in some "untouched" files, those stored in a source directory of mine. But that was an error. To be able to reimport, I had to export again the text (just for the procedure, I did not use it aga
... See more
I don't know if this can be of help in your case. 4 years ago, when I tried to reimport my first catalogues from Trados into PageMaker, there was no way to reimport the text (I had exported it with Story collector). After some hours I found what was the solution in my case.
I had tried to re-import in some "untouched" files, those stored in a source directory of mine. But that was an error. To be able to reimport, I had to export again the text (just for the procedure, I did not use it again that text), **SAVE the Page Maker file when closing after the export** and then use that PageMaker file (saved after the export process)for reimporting my translation.
I found that absolutely weird and not mentioned anywhere.
Some months later it happened again, and before I recalled of my solution, I lost some hours...

ciao
Ilde
Collapse

SysfilterMaker
SysfilterMaker
Germany
Try to split the "story file" with your text editor... Mar 30, 2004

... into 3 or more batches. Then try to import the individuals batches again. Maybe you can import at least some stories back into PM.

3 years ago I used to use this method to import such defective files.

Warning:
- Work only with copies of your translated files!!!

Regards
Wilhelm Polmann
www.ecm-e.de

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Cannot import translated text into Pagemaker storycollector

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »