Adam Thomson
Adam Thomson  Identity Verified
Local time: 12:48
French to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Appreciate your input, Christine. Every little helps. Apr 2, 2004

Christine Andersen wrote:

I'm afraid I am no great Trados fan - My employer insisted on it being there. But since I have been independent I have not yet succeeded in getting a job out of the system and cleaned up, so I only use it when I have time to do the job 'by hand' to be sure!! I'm still hoping it will work one day.

I have had better experience with an early Deja Vu version and a client's own CAT tool, which they use for some of their jobs. It's annoying after spending so much money on Trados, but that's life. I earn quite a reasonable living without it!

Your sharing of your experience was very helpful to me. It's the only way to get a balanced perspective: to learn from colleagues' experience. I am inclined to agree with your "that's life" approach - although in all fairness, Ralf as the Trados moderator for this forum is doing what he can to help.

If I get a breakthrough - even with a little help from my friends - I'll share it on the forum, probably in a new thread.

Adam Thomson
French to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
OK - problem solved, thanks to Trados' representative on earth... Apr 2, 2004

I am happy to report that Trados moderator Ralf Lemster has solved the spellchecker problem that prompted me to start this thread.

Ralf had Trados send another Trados template to be put in the Word Startup programe.

So - whilst some appear to consider Trados more of a hassle than a solution - I'll give all credit to Ralf for rapidly helping me to deal with this particular problem, as soon as he knew about it.

Adam Thomson
French to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
As the thread initiator I need to give credit to the Trados local branch Apr 2, 2004

At one point in this discussion (now successfully resolved) I said that I had had no contact from the local Trados branch. I now need to make it clear that the local Trados branch did try to contact me by email quite early on, but that I had badly set up my spam filter. Their messages were blocked: my fault.

So it was not Trados fault that they had not succeeded in contacting me. They did all they could in the circumstances, and I commend them for their patience and forbearance.

Sonia Maldonado
Sonia Maldonado  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 08:48
Spanish to English
+ ...
MS word and trados Sep 27, 2004

Does trados work with Microsoft word 2000 or 2002? and which one is better or more compatible?
Thanks

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 13:48
English to German
+ ...
Off-topic Sep 27, 2004

Hi Sonia,
Does trados work with Microsoft word 2000 or 2002?

Trados supports both; note that the latest version of Office (Office System 2003) is only supported by Trados 6.5.

and which one is better or more compatible?

Both are equally compatible.
May I suggest that you post a new thread in the Office Applications forum to find out about the differences between Word 2000 and XP (=2002)?

Thank you.

Ralf

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Newcomer to Trados, just bought 6.5 FL. Spellcheck problem

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »