Trados 5.5: Wrong font display in Translator Workbench
Thread poster: Thanh Le
Thanh Le
Thanh Le
Local time: 14:54
English to Vietnamese
Apr 3, 2004

I have installed Trados 5.5 in a PC using Windows 98 SE and Microsoft Office 97.
Now I'm working on a project with Trados TagEditor, and find out all my characters in the Translator's Workbench are corrupted or coverted to some types of tags.
Please help me out with this, anyone, please...
I'm in Vietnam, and using Vietnamese keyboard layout (code page 1258). Is this a cause for this trouble?
Many thanks to suggestions or solutions of anyone who cares. I'm really in nee
... See more
I have installed Trados 5.5 in a PC using Windows 98 SE and Microsoft Office 97.
Now I'm working on a project with Trados TagEditor, and find out all my characters in the Translator's Workbench are corrupted or coverted to some types of tags.
Please help me out with this, anyone, please...
I'm in Vietnam, and using Vietnamese keyboard layout (code page 1258). Is this a cause for this trouble?
Many thanks to suggestions or solutions of anyone who cares. I'm really in need of help!!!
Collapse

Jerzy Czopik
Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 09:54
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
Maybe you can find help on Trados support page Apr 3, 2004

Try this link http://support.trados.com and search the database.
Try to describe your problem as precise as possible.

Have you set the languages right?
Did you translate into the language, which was set as target language in TM? Often if translating by mistake into the source language instead of target language of TM (ie an EN-VIE TM, but translatung VIE-EN) you get corrupted characters
... See more
Try this link http://support.trados.com and search the database.
Try to describe your problem as precise as possible.

Have you set the languages right?
Did you translate into the language, which was set as target language in TM? Often if translating by mistake into the source language instead of target language of TM (ie an EN-VIE TM, but translatung VIE-EN) you get corrupted characters.

Regards
Jerzy
Collapse

Thanh Le
Thanh Le
English to Vietnamese
TOPIC STARTER
Trados 5.5: Wrong font display in details Apr 5, 2004

Thanks, Jerky.

I have made some searchings on Trados Support Knowledge Base, but still in vain. I also sent a report on this problem to Trados Support.

I am absolutely sure that I have set the languages right. Let me make my case a bit clearer:
I am translating a .XML file from English to Vietnamese, using Vietnamese keyboard layout and code page 1258 for the target language, the chosen target font is Arial. The problem comes when I open any translated segement (
... See more
Thanks, Jerky.

I have made some searchings on Trados Support Knowledge Base, but still in vain. I also sent a report on this problem to Trados Support.

I am absolutely sure that I have set the languages right. Let me make my case a bit clearer:
I am translating a .XML file from English to Vietnamese, using Vietnamese keyboard layout and code page 1258 for the target language, the chosen target font is Arial. The problem comes when I open any translated segement (fully match) in the TagEditor, the translation text appears with strange character (I suppose that the font is corrupted or the texts are converted to some type of internal tags), whereas the translation in the Translator\'s Workbench is still shown correctly. I\'m baffled, really +:-(

Thank you again, Jerky, your concerns.
Collapse

Jerzy Czopik
Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 09:54
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
Maybe you should choose other font Apr 5, 2004

with Asian characters support.
But I'm sorry, I cannot help more, as do not encounter such problems.
Try to contact Trados - but maybe it is because of Trados 5.5...

Regards
Jerzy

Thanh Le
Thanh Le
English to Vietnamese
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks for your suggestions and comments, anyway!!! Apr 6, 2004

Thanks anyway, Jerzy

I have sent some sample files for Trados Support team and am waiting for their response.
I'm terribly sorry for mistyping your name. Ralf Lemster, the moderator of the Trados Support forum, has reminded me of this mistake.
All I wanna say is I do not mean anything with that word. Maybe it was very late at night, and I was too tired to recognize that I have made a wrong spelling. Sorry!!!

Regards,
Thanh Tam

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados 5.5: Wrong font display in Translator Workbench

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »