Trados Multiterm projects
Thread poster: Alessandro Miani
Alessandro Miani
Alessandro Miani  Identity Verified
Local time: 14:36
Italian to French
+ ...
Apr 4, 2004

Do you know from where I can import multiterm projects (It/Fr/En/Greek)on the net.
Thanks in advance
Alex

(New to Freelance Trados user)

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
+ ...
Moving the thread... (again) Apr 4, 2004

Alessandro,
Would you mind posting Trados-related topics in the Trados Support forum?

I'm moving this one (as I did with your previous posting this afternoon), but it would obviously save some work if you posted it in the right forum to start with...

Thanks for your understanding.
Best regards, Ralf

Jamesw
Jamesw
Spain
English to Spanish
+ ...
Trying to read any other answers to this posting Apr 24, 2004

Hello,

The Moderator aske Alex to post this in the correct forum (TRADOS). Well, I am in the TRADOS forum and I would like to read any replies to this posting (that is if there were any). I am interested in the same thing, but for Eng-Span.

I have been told that there is no such animal (TMs on the Internet), but hey, I'll give it a whirl...

Thanks and forgive me if I'm being naïve.

Alessandro Miani wrote:

Do you know from where I can import multiterm projects (It/Fr/En/Greek)on the net.
Thanks in advance
Alex

(New to Freelance Trados user)

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
+ ...
Very unlikely Apr 24, 2004

Hi James,
The Moderator aske Alex to post this in the correct forum (TRADOS).

That was because he had posted several Trados-related queries in another forum - the very point of this forum is to have all Trados issues in one place...

Well, I am in the TRADOS forum and I would like to read any replies to this posting (that is if there were any).

There were none, as you can see.

I am interested in the same thing, but for Eng-Span.

I have been told that there is no such animal (TMs on the Internet), but hey, I'll give it a whirl...

Thanks and forgive me if I'm being naïve.

Two reasons why it's very unlikely that you will find TMs or MultiTerm-compliant glossaries on the web:

- Confidentiality: publicly posting TM data might compromise confidential projects.
- Cost: translation memories and termbases are valuable assets - in fact, I consider our databases to be my company's single most valuable asset. Don't expect anyone to give that away for free.

Best regards, Ralf

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados Multiterm projects

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »