Thread poster: Jeannie Graham
Jeannie Graham
Jeannie Graham  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 19:29
German to English
+ ...
Apr 9, 2004

I have just wiped my pc clean and reinstalled the system. I have reinstalled Trados 5.5 but now when I try and open my TMs I get an error message "access denied". I am also asked for user ID and password for the doc. The stupid thing is - I don't even remember having a user ID or passwording any of my TMs.

Any help would be appreciated as I urgently need to start on a translation (which I need an old TM for)

Thanks Jeannie

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 20:29
English to German
+ ...
Same user ID/languages? Apr 9, 2004

Hi Jeannie,
You didn't specify which version you're using; assuming it's a Freelance version, did you choose exactly the same languages when reinstalling? Did you set the same user ID as before?

If you created an export prior to re-installing the PC, you could re-create the TM.

If all else fails, contact me through my profile - if you like, I can try to open the TM and create a text export.

HTH, Ralf

Clarisa Moraña
Clarisa Moraña  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 14:29
Member (2002)
English to Spanish
+ ...
dongle Apr 10, 2004

Check your dongle (at the printer port). It should have printed on it your user ID.

Regards,

Clarisa

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 20:29
English to German
+ ...
License number vs. user ID Apr 10, 2004

A correction, if I may...
Check your dongle (at the printer port). It should have printed on it your user ID.

That's the license number - the user ID is set by the user when starting to work with the program.

Best, Ralf

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

can't open TMs after reinstalling trados

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »