Carsten Behrend
Carsten Behrend  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 02:21
English to German
+ ...
Apr 13, 2004

Dear fellow translators,

I am encountering a problem with T-Windows for Resources. My setting is Trados 6.5.2.417 under Windows XP Professional.

I am translating RC files from Russian into German. The text itself contains paragraphs with definition headings. But not always! Some lines simply start with spaces and the quotation marks. T-Windows doesn't account for these "empty" entries and doesn't propose them for translation.

I have play hardball and open t
... See more
Dear fellow translators,

I am encountering a problem with T-Windows for Resources. My setting is Trados 6.5.2.417 under Windows XP Professional.

I am translating RC files from Russian into German. The text itself contains paragraphs with definition headings. But not always! Some lines simply start with spaces and the quotation marks. T-Windows doesn't account for these "empty" entries and doesn't propose them for translation.

I have play hardball and open the RC file in Word to access these faulty entries.

Is there another way to compel Trados into opening these segments as well?

Carsten
Collapse

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 02:21
English to German
+ ...
Forward the file Apr 15, 2004

Hi Carsten,
I'm going to send you a profile message, so you can send me the file.

Thanks, Ralf

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

T-Windows for Resources overlooking entries

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »