Andrey Korobeinikov
Andrey Korobeinikov  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
Local time: 07:47
English to Russian
+ ...
Jul 26, 2011

Hi,

While preparing Excel files for translation in Trados Studio SP3 several files wouldn't convert saying that "progress value '101' is too big. Must not be more than 100". Any tips?

Marcel Hlbočan
Marcel Hlbočan
Slovakia
Local time: 01:47
Slovak to English
+ ...
Same error Aug 30, 2011

This is not going to help you, but I have the same error.
Deleted everything from the file, just a few cells are left with plain text.
No pictures, links, formulas, nothing.
Still Trados generates this error.
Ideas anyone?

Andrey Korobeinikov
Andrey Korobeinikov  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
Local time: 07:47
English to Russian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Issue Resolved Aug 30, 2011

Hey,

I finally got this done. It has something to do with the file. The file contained several spreadsheets with some pictures and formula. I guess that is what was giving me trouble.
What I basically did, I created a new Excel file and just pasted the contents from my problematic file there. Since the original files were in MS 2003 format I decided to leave the format the same eventhough 2007 works better in this case. So, saved first as 2007 format and then saved that as in
... See more
Hey,

I finally got this done. It has something to do with the file. The file contained several spreadsheets with some pictures and formula. I guess that is what was giving me trouble.
What I basically did, I created a new Excel file and just pasted the contents from my problematic file there. Since the original files were in MS 2003 format I decided to leave the format the same eventhough 2007 works better in this case. So, saved first as 2007 format and then saved that as in 2003 format. That helped. Another option could be to translate the file in 2007 format and convert the target file in 2003.

hope that helps you too.
Collapse

Post removed: This post was hidden by a moderator or staff member for the following reason: empty
Yoshiki EJIMA
Yoshiki EJIMA
Local time: 08:47
Japanese to Chinese
+ ...
By grouping the text boxes in Excel sheets I got out of this problem Apr 21, 2013

Hi!

I'm using Trados 2009 SP3 to translate a manual which contains many flow charts.

My user gave me an Excel book which contains all of the flow charts, total sheets may up to 30.

First of all, I import the Excel book to Trados, but came up as saying message: "progress value '101' is too big. Must not be more than 100".

I reduced the number of sheet, then read it by one sheet, it look like worked, however, some sheets came with the same messa
... See more
Hi!

I'm using Trados 2009 SP3 to translate a manual which contains many flow charts.

My user gave me an Excel book which contains all of the flow charts, total sheets may up to 30.

First of all, I import the Excel book to Trados, but came up as saying message: "progress value '101' is too big. Must not be more than 100".

I reduced the number of sheet, then read it by one sheet, it look like worked, however, some sheets came with the same message "101 is too big"!

The flow charts are made by more than hundred of text boxes, and all text box are individual.

I make whole of contents (Text boxes) in the sheet be come a group, using Excel grouping command, let them be come one group, then Trados can read the sheet, and all text still able to translate by Trados normally.

After all, I try to grouping all of the sheets one by one, then Trados can read the whole of Excel book at once.

[Edited at 2013-04-21 07:58 GMT]
Collapse

Katarzyna Slowikova
Katarzyna Slowikova  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 01:47
English to Czech
+ ...
Same problem in Trados 2011 Jan 23, 2019

I hope some of you would still be able and willing to answer my question.
I had the same error message when creating a project with 35 excel files (2007). I clicked on the "Ignore" and got an sdlxliff for each excel. So far everything seems OK with them, they open and contain text. I didn't try the export yet though...
Did any of you try this option? If so, with what results?

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados 2009 error message Progress Value is too big

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »