Thread poster: Spiros Doikas
Spiros Doikas
Spiros Doikas  Identity Verified
Local time: 10:50
Member (2002)
English to Greek
+ ...
Apr 16, 2004

I was sent the following file and I am trying to import it to Multiterm iX. What is the procedure? I tried following the last bit of TRADOS instructions

To import the file into an already existing database, go to File/Open Database in MultiTerm and open the relevant database.

then

2. In MultiTerm, go to the File menu and choose Import. The Import Options dialog box will appear. Click OK.
3. The Open dialog box will appear.... See more
I was sent the following file and I am trying to import it to Multiterm iX. What is the procedure? I tried following the last bit of TRADOS instructions

To import the file into an already existing database, go to File/Open Database in MultiTerm and open the relevant database.

then

2. In MultiTerm, go to the File menu and choose Import. The Import Options dialog box will appear. Click OK.
3. The Open dialog box will appear.
4. Browse to and choose the name of the import file.
(http://support.trados.com/faq.asp#827)

but there is no option for txt import.

Here is a sample of the file to be imported

21.09.2000- 18:58:55
X
20.06.2003 - 15:12:40
y
x

x
xxx
xxx
xxx
xxx
xxx
Collapse

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 09:50
English to German
+ ...
MTiX vs. MultiTerm 5.x Apr 16, 2004

Hi Spiros,
Looks like you're trying to apply the import instructions for MultiTerm 5.x to MultiTerm iX...

MTiX has its own import wizard called MultiTerm Convert, which supports tab-delimited text or CSV files, as well as Excel spreadsheets.

HTH, Ralf

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Importing txt termbase to Multiterm iX

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »