Thread poster: Alex Pszczola
Alex Pszczola
Alex Pszczola  Identity Verified
Local time: 13:33
English to Polish
+ ...
Apr 21, 2004

Hello,
Please help - System Windows XP SP1, Pagemaker 7, Trados 6, over 60-pages document in

Pagemaker:
What I have done:
1.Exported through TRADOS story collector 6.
2. Because TRADOS was freezing during translation - I copied through clipboard contents to WORD 2000

and saved as rtf
3. Translated with no problems till end.
4. Saved as .txt,
5. Opened in TagEditor.
6. Saved as Target.
7. Imported to Pagemaker
... See more
Hello,
Please help - System Windows XP SP1, Pagemaker 7, Trados 6, over 60-pages document in

Pagemaker:
What I have done:
1.Exported through TRADOS story collector 6.
2. Because TRADOS was freezing during translation - I copied through clipboard contents to WORD 2000

and saved as rtf
3. Translated with no problems till end.
4. Saved as .txt,
5. Opened in TagEditor.
6. Saved as Target.
7. Imported to Pagemaker
8. Large parts of the document are not imported although I translated them. Hours of work wasted!

9. I repeated everything from exporting and automatically translating and still the same problem.

Please help.
Alex
Collapse

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 14:33
English to German
+ ...
Word could be the problem... Apr 21, 2004

Hi Alex,
I think the root of your problem might be...

and saved as rtf

I have no experience with PageMaker, but this break might at least be part of the problem; I had a similar issue with Quark XPress files where the story order was damaged during export/translation.

Hours of work wasted!

Hmm... not sure about that - you have the translation in your TM; the problem appears to be in the workflow.

When you say TagEditor "froze" during translation, did that occur when opening the file, or subsequently?

Which version of Workbench are you using?

Just a few pointers to get the discussion in the right direction - more detailed input will come from colleagues with experience in working on PM.

Best regards, Ralf

tectranslate ITS GmbH
tectranslate ITS GmbH
Local time: 14:33
German
+ ...
Hm... Apr 22, 2004

4. Saved as .txt,

Why? You should be able to open the Word as RTF directly in TagEditor. That is probably much better, too (due to segmentation issues.)

7. Imported to Pagemaker

Were there any error messages? If you're unsure about that, can you copy the log that StoryCollector creates upon reimporting your file & paste it here?

Alex Pszczola
Alex Pszczola  Identity Verified
Local time: 13:33
English to Polish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks for help - explanation Apr 23, 2004

Hello,

It turned out, that after I made automatic translation from scratch using the TM in TagEditor, Workbench did not translate a lot of segments. These segments were expanded by me manually during translation. So I had to expand them and then insert translation from TM.

By the way. Don't use Cacheman (or any Windows file cache modifying program) and Workbench - Workbench get very slow. 30 minutes per segment.

Kind regards,
Alex

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

URGENT ! PageMaker 7 did not import some parts of the TagEditor document

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »