Karin Walker (X)
Karin Walker (X)  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 04:57
German to English
+ ...
May 3, 2004

Hi all,

I am trying to clean up a file and at the last minute WB refuses to clean it properly. The log file says:

(statistics)

Cleanup finished. Warning: 1 error occurred (see above for details)!

The file remains the way it is, with both German and English segments visible. I have no idea what to do and don't really want to g
... See more
Hi all,

I am trying to clean up a file and at the last minute WB refuses to clean it properly. The log file says:

(statistics)

Cleanup finished. Warning: 1 error occurred (see above for details)!

The file remains the way it is, with both German and English segments visible. I have no idea what to do and don't really want to go through removing all the German bits. I'm sure there's a solution to this. (It is a DOC file, not an RTF file so I am a bit confused as to the reason given in the log file...)

Thanks for any help.
Karin
Collapse

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
+ ...
Manual cleanup May 3, 2004

Hallo Karin,
You can "force" a manual cleanup using the tw4winClean.Main macro. Note that your TM will not be updated this way, nor will a backup copy be created, so it's best to make a copy of the uncleaned document before running the macro.

Concerning the file itself: have you tried to save it as RTF? If that doesn't work in Word (e.g. as a result of inflating file size due to graphics in the file, which RTF cannot handle as well as Word), you know where the problem i
... See more
Hallo Karin,
You can "force" a manual cleanup using the tw4winClean.Main macro. Note that your TM will not be updated this way, nor will a backup copy be created, so it's best to make a copy of the uncleaned document before running the macro.

Concerning the file itself: have you tried to save it as RTF? If that doesn't work in Word (e.g. as a result of inflating file size due to graphics in the file, which RTF cannot handle as well as Word), you know where the problem is...

HTH, Ralf
Collapse

Karin Walker (X)
Karin Walker (X)  Identity Verified
Germany
German to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you! May 3, 2004

Ralf Lemster wrote:

HTH, Ralf

Thank you so much; I never even thought of macros, I still think they are bad things that mess up your computer

Is there any way I can put the segments into the TM afterwards? Bit of a shame to *lose* that work.

K.

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
+ ...
Hence the backup copy May 3, 2004

Hi again,
Thank you so much; I never even thought of macros, I still think they are bad things that mess up your computer

Some of them are, but not all of them...

Is there any way I can put the segments into the TM afterwards?

Well, if you translated the document using TW, you'll have most of the segments in your TM anyway - all that's updated during cleanup is whatever you edited after that without opening segments and saving the changes.

Bit of a shame to *lose* that work.

Hence my suggestion to create a backup file, and to try alternative ways to run the cleanup (possibly via RTF) when there's no deadline looming...

Best regards, Ralf

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Error message 1443059460 during cleanup

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »