Thread poster: Natalya Zelikova
Natalya Zelikova
Natalya Zelikova  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 01:38
English to Russian
+ ...
May 5, 2004

All Cyr fonts in Trados Fonts Table displayed as non-readable characters. Because of this even when I choose the required font in my Word window for the text I enter, when segment is closed - all letters change to these "strange lines".
It is rather urgent as the deadling is in a few hours. Text is translated but the font is the problem.

Jerzy Czopik
Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 01:38
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
This is not a Trados alone problem May 5, 2004

but a problem with the formatting of your source document.
Such behaviour was handled before here, so you can use the search function to get further information.

If your document is translated, clean it up in Word (with the proper macro, ALT+F8, tw4winClean.Main) and replace the corrupted font with the proper one afterwards.
If your characters are still corrupted, use Search and Replace to get rid of this.

Please bear in mind, that your TM won´t ber updated
... See more
but a problem with the formatting of your source document.
Such behaviour was handled before here, so you can use the search function to get further information.

If your document is translated, clean it up in Word (with the proper macro, ALT+F8, tw4winClean.Main) and replace the corrupted font with the proper one afterwards.
If your characters are still corrupted, use Search and Replace to get rid of this.

Please bear in mind, that your TM won´t ber updated in this way - make any changes then prior to clean up.

I´m in hurry now, so I cannot explain this phenomenon here more detailed - but it was dealed with before on ProZ.

Regards
Jerzy
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Cyrillic fonts - displayed in 'fonts table' as non-readable characters

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »