Heinrich Pesch
Heinrich Pesch  Identity Verified
Finland
Local time: 21:37
Member (2003)
Finnish to German
+ ...
May 5, 2004

A customer aks, if I can work with ttx-files. Is there a compatability problem between 6.5 and 5.5 regarding ttx-files? What are those ttx-files really?

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 20:37
English to German
+ ...
Trados' own XML format May 5, 2004

Hi Heinrich,
TTX is a special XML format developed specially for Trados TagEditor.

Is there a compatability problem between 6.5 and 5.5 regarding ttx-files?

Not that I'm aware of - that said, it's best to process a short test file, though, particularly if the source/target files are not supported by TagEditor 5.5 (e.g. Excel or Powerpoint).

HTH, Ralf

Graciela Carlyle
Graciela Carlyle  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 19:37
English to Spanish
+ ...
tag editor files May 5, 2004

Hi Heinrich,

Heinrich Pesch wrote:
A customer aks, if I can work with ttx-files. Is there a compatability problem between 6.5 and 5.5 regarding ttx-files? What are those ttx-files really?

If I'm not mistaken, ttx files are the files produced by Trados Tag Editor, i.e., files that have been tagged in Tag Editor and saved.
There shouldn't be any problem betwen versions but I can't tell for sure.
You can also open ttx files with WordFast if you have one of the older versions that supported it (4.20 -ish). Now-a-days it takes a bit more juggling to do it though.
Regards,
Grace.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

TTX and Trados 5.5 Freelance

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »