Blanca Amoroso
Blanca Amoroso  Identity Verified
Local time: 10:16
Member (2004)
English to Spanish
+ ...
May 9, 2004

Hola:

Se me ha presentado un problema al correr Trados Workbench en un documento de Word bastante pesado, de unas 60 páginas. En determinadas secciones la memoria no corre y no lograr abrir los segmentos. Es necesario cerrar la memoria y Word para volver a empezar. Sucede con cualquier memoria en las mismas secciones (que son muchas), sólo en ese documento, y no puedo dejar de usar la memoria. El documento tiene un índice con referencias cruzadas a los títulos. He intentado de t
... See more
Hola:

Se me ha presentado un problema al correr Trados Workbench en un documento de Word bastante pesado, de unas 60 páginas. En determinadas secciones la memoria no corre y no lograr abrir los segmentos. Es necesario cerrar la memoria y Word para volver a empezar. Sucede con cualquier memoria en las mismas secciones (que son muchas), sólo en ese documento, y no puedo dejar de usar la memoria. El documento tiene un índice con referencias cruzadas a los títulos. He intentado de todo, ¿qué me sugieren?

Agradeceré enormemente cualquier ayuda.

Mil gracias.
Blanca.
Collapse

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 16:16
English to German
+ ...
Re-post in English - or would you like to move the thread? May 9, 2004

Hi Blanca,
You may be aware that there's a dedicated Trados Support forum. However, your chances of getting responses there will improve significantly if you could re-post your query in English.

If you prefer to ask in Spanish, I would move the thread to the Spanish forum.

Just let me know what you prefer.

Best regards, Ralf

Blanca Amoroso
Member (2004)
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
ok May 9, 2004

Sorry Ralph,

I didn't notice I used the wrong forum, but please move it to the Spanish forum anyhow. Thanks!
Blanca.

Judy Rojas
Judy Rojas  Identity Verified
Chile
Spanish to English
+ ...
Try the following May 10, 2004

What version of Word and TW are you using? This is important when posting Tech Support questions, as version behave differently. In any case, you may try some of the following:

1. If your document has a lot of heavy images or graphics, try opening your document and in Tools/Options/View activate the option Image markers. This will hide the images from the document and it will make it easier to work with.

2. If, as yu say, the document has a lot of cross-references, then
... See more
What version of Word and TW are you using? This is important when posting Tech Support questions, as version behave differently. In any case, you may try some of the following:

1. If your document has a lot of heavy images or graphics, try opening your document and in Tools/Options/View activate the option Image markers. This will hide the images from the document and it will make it easier to work with.

2. If, as yu say, the document has a lot of cross-references, then you must run the "Bookmark_Handler utility that comes with Trados (6.5), BEFORE you start the translation process. After translation and cleanup, you must run the Bookmark_Handler to restore the markers.

HIH.

Ricardo
Collapse

Blanca Amoroso
Member (2004)
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
No way... May 10, 2004

Ricardo Martinez de la Torre wrote:

2. If, as yu say, the document has a lot of cross-references, then you must run the "Bookmark_Handler utility that comes with Trados (6.5), BEFORE you start the translation process. After translation and cleanup, you must run the Bookmark_Handler to restore the markers.

HIH.

Ricardo

Dear Ricardo:

I have Trados 5.0 and tried your first advice, but the problem remains. I get the following message from the TM: (1442975640: invalid rtf format).

Thanks for helping!
Blanca.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Problema con Trados Workbench y Word

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »