Tess Whitty
Tess Whitty
United States
Local time: 08:48
Member (2004)
English to Swedish
May 10, 2004

Hi!

I am trying to import an old TM from Wordfast, that I have extracted and saved, to Trados 6.5. I have opened a new TM and clicked import, small Import file and tried to select both the WFextracted.txt file and the TM.txt file. It seems to be running and then a box with the following information is showing. Import finished successfully. 0 TU read in 1 sec. 0 updated, 0 added, 0 invalid. Is this correct? It does not seem to have added all the info in the other TM. Thanks in advan
... See more
Hi!

I am trying to import an old TM from Wordfast, that I have extracted and saved, to Trados 6.5. I have opened a new TM and clicked import, small Import file and tried to select both the WFextracted.txt file and the TM.txt file. It seems to be running and then a box with the following information is showing. Import finished successfully. 0 TU read in 1 sec. 0 updated, 0 added, 0 invalid. Is this correct? It does not seem to have added all the info in the other TM. Thanks in advance!
Collapse

Aleksandr Okunev (X)
Aleksandr Okunev (X)
Local time: 17:48
English to Russian
Language codes don't match or no setup May 11, 2004

This happens normally when TW and WF language codes don't match. Create a new Trados TM, export it into TMX and check the language codes in Notepad. The same must be in Wf TM.
Another thing is that you must configure inport into Trados properly, please, read the funny manual
Hope it will help
Stay well
Aleksandr

Tess Whitty
Tess Whitty
United States
Local time: 08:48
Member (2004)
English to Swedish
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you! May 11, 2004

Thank you so much for your help. I got it to work.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Import TM to Trados from extracted Wordfast version

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »