How do I mark something to finish later? (TagEditor)
Thread poster: Sol
Sol
Sol  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 10:05
Spanish to English
+ ...
May 11, 2004

Is there a function key or something I can press so I can continue translating and come back when I have the missing information?

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 16:05
English to German
+ ...
Not sure if I get your point... May 11, 2004

...but why don't you just key in an unusual combination (such as "XYZ") which you can find easily?

Ralf

RWSTranslation
RWSTranslation
Germany
German to English
+ ...
No possibility in TagEditor May 11, 2004

Hi,

I just asked Trados for this point. At the moment there is no fuctionaluty for this.
Maybe you should ask too, If there are enough questions, they maybe will programm this function in a following release.

Hans

Jerzy Czopik
Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
I follow Ralf's suggestion May 11, 2004

and key something like "xxx" in the text, to search afterwards for this particular string.
This is the easiest way and works with any software.
Word has a functionality for this, but it does not work for tagged files in RTF format, so typing such unusuall string is the easiest and fastest way to find back the edited point in the text.

Regards
Jerzy

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How do I mark something to finish later? (TagEditor)

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »