importing entries to Multiterm via excel file not working
Thread poster: Anette Herbert
Anette Herbert
Anette Herbert  Identity Verified
Local time: 10:01
English to Swedish
+ ...
May 14, 2004

I have got Trados 5.5 with Multiterm ix and WinXP.

I know I have imported glossaries in excel format (2000) earlier in the same version as now without problems but now there is no xml file to import after setting up the import definition.

Does anyone have any ideas what might be the problem now?

Sylvain Leray
Sylvain Leray  Identity Verified
Local time: 11:01
Member (2003)
German to French
XML file May 14, 2004

Hi Anette,

To create the XML file, you have to use the MultiTerm Convert tool, which is quite easy to use. Specify the source XLS file and the field names, and the wizard converts the format.
Once the file is created, open Multiterm and import the termbase into a new one or an existing one. Bear in mind that the field names should be the same both in the export definition and in the termbase into which you export the file.

HTH,
Sylvain

Vesna Zivcic
Vesna Zivcic  Identity Verified
German to Croatian
+ ...
I had a similar problem May 14, 2004

Check

http://www.proz.com/topic/16242

Following Ralf's advice, I have also contacted Trados Germany and downloaded the version which contains Multiterm Convert utility which wasn't included in the Version 5.5 + MiX that I originally bought.

HTH

[Edited at 2004-05-14 19:05]

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
+ ...
Which MTiX version? May 14, 2004

Hi,
The first version of MTiX (6.0.0.x) had a converter that did not support MS Excel; MTConvert was included with build 267 (6.2.0.267), which was shipped with the Summer 2003 Update.

HTH, Ralf

Anette Herbert
English to Swedish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
6.01.209 May 14, 2004

Hi Ralf,

I have got MTix 6.01.209 build 209. Does this mean I can upgrade this version somewhere?

I thought I had imported excel files already but I am beginning to think that it was just other term bases now.

Best regards

Anette

Ralf Lemster wrote:

Hi,
The first version of MTiX (6.0.0.x) had a converter that did not support MS Excel; MTConvert was included with build 267 (6.2.0.267), which was shipped with the Summer 2003 Update.

HTH, Ralf

Vesna Zivcic
Vesna Zivcic  Identity Verified
German to Croatian
+ ...
Info May 14, 2004

I suppose that you have registered your Trados version at some point. If so, you can contact their office that is nearest to your place to obtain login/password for the download (84 MB!).

http://www.translationzone.com/download.asp?menuItem=2

"MultiTerm Term Workstation (Version 6.2.0.279)
This version of MultiTerm Workstation contains all updates and
... See more
I suppose that you have registered your Trados version at some point. If so, you can contact their office that is nearest to your place to obtain login/password for the download (84 MB!).

http://www.translationzone.com/download.asp?menuItem=2

"MultiTerm Term Workstation (Version 6.2.0.279)
This version of MultiTerm Workstation contains all updates and additions that were released as part of Update Releases No. 1 and No. 2 since the initial Service Release of MultiTerm in August 2003.

Please note: You are only permitted use of this release if you have been licensed by TRADOS for MultiTerm Term Workstation. "
Collapse

Anette Herbert
English to Swedish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you! May 14, 2004

Thank you all for your information, I will smarten up my multiterm presently!

Have a good weekend!

Anette

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

importing entries to Multiterm via excel file not working

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »