Thread poster: Sol
Sol
Sol  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 10:05
Spanish to English
+ ...
May 18, 2004

Do you have the same problem? When I doubleclick on a Spanish word in TagEditor, it just highlights up to but not including an accentend letter. The same thing happens when I try to spellcheck. Anyone has seen this and has a solution?

(Please don't send me to read the manuals or to joint mailing lists!)

[Edited at 2004-05-18 15:43]

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 16:05
English to German
+ ...
More info, please... May 18, 2004

Hi Sol,
I assume we're talking about TagEditor - which version do you use (please provide the exact version number, including the build number)? Which (source) file format are you working on when this happens?

(Please don't send me to read the manuals or to joint mailing lists!)

With all due respect, this is sometimes not the worst of advice, particularly as TW_users is concerned; I take it you have already searched their archives, then?

Regards, Ralf

Sol
Sol  Identity Verified
United States
Spanish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
version 5.5 Freelance May 18, 2004

No, I haven't been able to check anywhere. To me TagEditor is new, I didn't have it in my old (very old) Trados. I am just now using it for the firt time on a trial basis. And I really don't have the time, the project is urgent.

I really appreciate your help.

Ulrike Lieder (X)
Ulrike Lieder (X)  Identity Verified
Local time: 07:05
English to German
+ ...
In memoriam
Might be the TE version May 18, 2004

There were some older versions/builds of TagEditor that had the problem you describe (I believe it may have been some builds of FL 6.0, but can't swear to it). I know that I did encounter the same problem at some time in the not-too-distant past - like within the past year or so - but IIRC, it was fixed with a patch. Have you checked the Trados Knowledge Base?

Accented characters certainly are no longer a problem in FL 6.5.2. IMHO, FL 6.5 has enough other advantages (such as being
... See more
There were some older versions/builds of TagEditor that had the problem you describe (I believe it may have been some builds of FL 6.0, but can't swear to it). I know that I did encounter the same problem at some time in the not-too-distant past - like within the past year or so - but IIRC, it was fixed with a patch. Have you checked the Trados Knowledge Base?

Accented characters certainly are no longer a problem in FL 6.5.2. IMHO, FL 6.5 has enough other advantages (such as being able to process PowerPoint and Excel files with TagEditor instead of the clumsy T-Windows) that you might want to consider an upgrade.

And I wholeheartedly second Ralf's note on user groups, TW_users is an excellent resource.

[Edited at 2004-05-18 15:52]
Collapse

Sol
Sol  Identity Verified
United States
Spanish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank-you, Ulrike May 18, 2004

It's good to know that there is a solution. I will try to find the patch when I finish this project.

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 16:05
English to German
+ ...
I repeat my question May 19, 2004

Hi again,
I repeat my questions above:

- Which version of Trados are you using (including the build number - go to Help - About... or similar (depending on the interface language you're using) to find out).

- What source format are the files you're working on?

The problem could be font-related, it could be caused by a wrong codepage used, or it could by a Unicode-related issue, but unless I have this information, I cannot even touch base
... See more
Hi again,
I repeat my questions above:

- Which version of Trados are you using (including the build number - go to Help - About... or similar (depending on the interface language you're using) to find out).

- What source format are the files you're working on?

The problem could be font-related, it could be caused by a wrong codepage used, or it could by a Unicode-related issue, but unless I have this information, I cannot even touch base with Trados Support.

Thanks, Ralf
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

TagEditor doesn't like accents

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »