margarete
margarete  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 15:14
German to English
+ ...
May 22, 2004

Hi,

This is in relation to my last question about Tag Editor running so slowly due to the huge amount of tags in my file.

My instructions were to use "translate to fuzzy", but since this is taking so and all the 100% matches are already marked in the file I was wondering:

Is there a way to skip over all the 100% matches and go straight to the next untranslated text without using "translate to fuzzy"

I know, I am reaching for things....... See more
Hi,

This is in relation to my last question about Tag Editor running so slowly due to the huge amount of tags in my file.

My instructions were to use "translate to fuzzy", but since this is taking so and all the 100% matches are already marked in the file I was wondering:

Is there a way to skip over all the 100% matches and go straight to the next untranslated text without using "translate to fuzzy"

I know, I am reaching for things....

Thanks
Ariane
Collapse

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 21:14
English to German
+ ...
Next no 100% match May 22, 2004

Hi,
There's a command in TagEditor which might be useful here:
Set Close Next no 100% Open Get

HTH, Ralf

margarete
margarete  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 15:14
German to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Wow! May 22, 2004

Oh my god...

Thanks Ralf..you just saved me hours!!!

I knew there had to be a better way.

Now what I would like to know is why in heavens earth the client´s instructions said to translate to fuzzy

------

So, what is the actual difference between "translate to fuzzy" and "set/next no 100% get"? Practically I mean...

Thanks again
Ariane

[Edited at 2004-05-22 12:38]

Ali YANDIK (X)
Ali YANDIK (X)  Identity Verified
Türkiye
Local time: 22:14
English to Turkish
+ ...
Trados 5.5? May 22, 2004

I couldn't find that function in Trados 5.5 freelance. Can you advise me please?

Vesna Zivcic
Vesna Zivcic  Identity Verified
German to Croatian
+ ...
TagEditor/Workbench May 22, 2004

Open Workbench and TagEditor. In TagEditor's toolbar open "Workbench" menu and there it is.

Ali YANDIK wrote:

I couldn't find that function in Trados 5.5 freelance. Can you advise me please?

[Edited at 2004-05-22 15:29]

Jerzy Czopik
Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
Difference between translate to fuzzy and set/close get next no 100% May 22, 2004

If you do not pretrlanstale your text, then there is no difference.
Translate to fuzzy means applying the TM on the text until a fuzzy match is detected. All 100% matches will be applied automatically. But if you pretlanslate your text, all 100% matches are allready translated. If you say "translate to fuzzy" WB will open translation unint by translation unit, until it comes to a fuzzy match, thus opening all allready translated segments once again. This is time consuming.
But if you
... See more
If you do not pretrlanstale your text, then there is no difference.
Translate to fuzzy means applying the TM on the text until a fuzzy match is detected. All 100% matches will be applied automatically. But if you pretlanslate your text, all 100% matches are allready translated. If you say "translate to fuzzy" WB will open translation unint by translation unit, until it comes to a fuzzy match, thus opening all allready translated segments once again. This is time consuming.
But if you say "go to next not 100%", WB will skip all allready translated 100% matches and get you to the next segment, on which you have to work.
This can be very time saving, mostly on very repeatable projects.

HTH
Jerzy
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Go directly to untranslated text

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »