Andrea Ali
Andrea Ali  Identity Verified
Argentina
Local time: 10:40
Member (2003)
English to Spanish
+ ...
May 22, 2004

Error 33201 The mark for ending a translation unit is missing or damaged.

I have Trados 5.0, Windows 2000 Pro and Office 2000 Pro.

This is the second time I cannot close a segment. It has happened with two different word files and two different TMs.

Both times the error occurred with the third or fourth segment.

I can close Word and save changes but next time I open it, same segment is open and I cannot go on.

Any ideas?

... See more
Error 33201 The mark for ending a translation unit is missing or damaged.

I have Trados 5.0, Windows 2000 Pro and Office 2000 Pro.

This is the second time I cannot close a segment. It has happened with two different word files and two different TMs.

Both times the error occurred with the third or fourth segment.

I can close Word and save changes but next time I open it, same segment is open and I cannot go on.

Any ideas?

Thanks!
Andrea

[Edited at 2004-05-22 23:05]
Collapse

Ruben Berrozpe (X)
Ruben Berrozpe (X)  Identity Verified
English to Spanish
No idea May 22, 2004

But if it were error 3.3.2.1..0 (instead of 33201), it would be a warning that your computer is about to explode!

Oh well, sorry, too late here and making fun of anything. Hope you can solve it, Andrea.

Abrazos,

Rb

Marijke Singer
Marijke Singer  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 14:40
Dutch to English
+ ...
May 23, 2004

[Edited at 2004-06-13 15:18]

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
+ ...
Add a paragraph mark at the end of the sentence May 23, 2004

Hi Andrea,
Marijke already answered the question - I just wanted to add that this error often occurs if a segment is immediately followed by a manual break (section break or page break). Adding a paragraph mark at the end of the sentence should resolve it.

HTH, Ralf

Victor Sidelnikov
Victor Sidelnikov  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
Local time: 16:40
English to Russian
+ ...
next May 23, 2004

Andrea, start your translation from next unit; Defective unit trasnslate afterward without Trados. This is simplest way to overcome this errror.

Andrea Ali
Argentina
Member (2003)
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
My computer hasn't exploded but... May 23, 2004

Fortunately it is still in one piece!

Everything seems OK: all characters both at the beginning and end of the string are there, there is a manual break but it is before the TU, paragraph mark is at the end of the unit.
Nevertheless, there is nothing I can do to close/restore to source/etc that segment... The new error message I get is "Cursor must be in source or target field". Needless to say that I have tried w
... See more
Fortunately it is still in one piece!

Everything seems OK: all characters both at the beginning and end of the string are there, there is a manual break but it is before the TU, paragraph mark is at the end of the unit.
Nevertheless, there is nothing I can do to close/restore to source/etc that segment... The new error message I get is "Cursor must be in source or target field". Needless to say that I have tried with cursor in both fields, again, I cannot close the segment.

I will try uninstalling/reinstalling Trados, and Office just in case. But if you can think of something else, let me know!

Thanks, everybody!
Andrea
Collapse

Jerzy Czopik
Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
Do not reinstall Trados/Office May 23, 2004

as it is not a fault of them, I suppose.
Mostly such faults occur with badly formatted or else damaged files, that come from customers.
What I would do, if I were you:
First I would close Trados Workbench.
Then I would mark the text from the beginning of the corrupted (yet still opened segment) until the end of the segment including all Trados delimeters.
These are (I assume you have all characters shown - including hidden text) the beggining mark {0> followed by a
... See more
as it is not a fault of them, I suppose.
Mostly such faults occur with badly formatted or else damaged files, that come from customers.
What I would do, if I were you:
First I would close Trados Workbench.
Then I would mark the text from the beginning of the corrupted (yet still opened segment) until the end of the segment including all Trados delimeters.
These are (I assume you have all characters shown - including hidden text) the beggining mark {0> followed by a paragraph mark, then the source text, then the mark for match , followed by a paragraph mark, then the translated text (if any, or source text, if copy source on no match in WB is active, or a free place), and then the closing mark
Collapse

Marijke Singer
Marijke Singer  Identity Verified
Spain
Dutch to English
+ ...
May 23, 2004

[Edited at 2004-06-13 15:17]

Clarisa Moraña
Clarisa Moraña  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 08:40
Member (2002)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Ralf is right! May 23, 2004

Ralf Lemster wrote:

Hi Andrea,
Adding a paragraph mark at the end of the sentence should resolve it.

HTH, Ralf

Andrea, follow Ralf advice! It works! Also, a colon and a paragraph mark.

Regards

Clarisa

Andrea Ali
Argentina
Member (2003)
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
:-))) May 23, 2004

Clarisa Moraña wrote:

Ralf Lemster wrote:

Hi Andrea,
Adding a paragraph mark at the end of the sentence should resolve it.

HTH, Ralf

Andrea, follow Ralf advice! It works! Also, a colon and a paragraph mark.

Regards

Clarisa

I tried to be as neat as possible and tried things out one by one. What finally solved the problem was "rename the file + colon + paragraph mark".

Thanks so much, everybody!!!

Andrea

[Edited at 2004-05-23 23:06]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Error 33201

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »