Alan Boydell
Alan Boydell  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 08:14
French to English
+ ...
May 25, 2004

Hi there,

I have only been using TRADOS for a few weeks now and everything seems to be working fine, except that I can't get Term Recognition to kick in and overline in red terms that I know for a fact are in the termbase. I've just about tried everything possible to get this to work, all to no avail alas.

I followed all instruction in the accompanying PDF under 'Setting up the Interface Between MultiTerm iX and Translator’s Workbench', it's all set up right, the lang
... See more
Hi there,

I have only been using TRADOS for a few weeks now and everything seems to be working fine, except that I can't get Term Recognition to kick in and overline in red terms that I know for a fact are in the termbase. I've just about tried everything possible to get this to work, all to no avail alas.

I followed all instruction in the accompanying PDF under 'Setting up the Interface Between MultiTerm iX and Translator’s Workbench', it's all set up right, the languages are going in the right direction, Term Recognition is selected, etc...

If I highlight a term in Word and hit the 'Search termbase' magnifying glass icon on the MuliTerm toolbar, it will come up with the term no problem.

I thought maybe I had to create a 'Fuzzy Index' but there doesn't seem to be any such option anymore in iX.

My software versions are the following:
Trados 6.5.2.417
Multiterm 6.2.0.267
Word 2003

If anyone has an idea what I can do to get this to work, I would be much obliged if you could share your experience with me.

Thanks,
Alan
Collapse

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
+ ...
Try reorganising the termbase May 25, 2004

Hi Alan,
I followed all instruction in the accompanying PDF under 'Setting up the Interface Between MultiTerm iX and Translator’s Workbench', it's all set up right, the languages are going in the right direction, Term Recognition is selected, etc...

It's almost obvious that you have selected MTiX as the terminology provider - just to be on the safe side: have you?

I thought maybe I had to create a 'Fuzzy Index' but there doesn't seem to be any such option anymore in iX.

There is: Termbase - Reorganise Termbase. Worth a try.

My software versions are the following:
Trados 6.5.2.417
Multiterm 6.2.0.267
Word 2003

Have you upgraded to the very latest version of MTiX (build 279), as described in this article on the Trados KB? (Note that the dialogue will still show "build 267", but some of the DLL's show a change when you check them in the Windows Explorer.)

HTH, Ralf

Alan Boydell
France
French to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Download login May 25, 2004

Thanks a lot for the speedy reply Ralf

Ralf Lemster wrote:
It\'s almost obvious that you have selected MTiX as the terminology provider - just to be on the safe side: have you?

Affirmative

There is: Termbase - Reorganise Termbase. Worth a try.

It\'s humming away as I write. To be continued...

Have you upgraded to the very latest version of MTiX (build 279), as described in this article on the Trados KB? (Note that the dialogue will still show \"build 267\", but some of the DLL\'s show a change when you check them in the Windows Explorer.)

I must be really thick or something, but I can\'t figure out how to get a username or password for the download or where on my licence info it may be indicated.

Any ideas?

Alan

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
+ ...
Contact your local Trados office May 25, 2004

Hi again, Alan,
I must be really thick or something, but I can't figure out how to get a username or password for the download or where on my licence info it may be indicated.

Any ideas?

Sure - contact the Trados office where you bought your license.

HTH, Ralf

Alan Boydell
France
French to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Still no joy May 27, 2004

Alright, so I've reorganized my termbases and upgraded Multiterm to the latest build, but I'm afraid there's still nothing I can do to get those beautiful red brackets above words or expressions that are in my termbase.

I've double and triple checked all the settings yet again, but the thing is, there really aren't that many one could potentially get wrong. It's a pretty straightforward affair.

I even reduced the minimal match value to some ridiculous figure to really u
... See more
Alright, so I've reorganized my termbases and upgraded Multiterm to the latest build, but I'm afraid there's still nothing I can do to get those beautiful red brackets above words or expressions that are in my termbase.

I've double and triple checked all the settings yet again, but the thing is, there really aren't that many one could potentially get wrong. It's a pretty straightforward affair.

I even reduced the minimal match value to some ridiculous figure to really urge it to slap some red brackets at least somewhere, but all to no avail.

I have no idea what could possibly be the problem. Before installing Trados last week, I decided to reformat my HD and do a clean install of xp pro, just to be sure it would all be nice and tidy.

I'm open to any (and I mean ANY) suggestions that might get this mama working (I might even consider sacrificing a small animal, if need be).

Also, could someone just confirm for me that if I uninstall both Trados and Multiterm to reinstall again, I will have the option of not deleting termbases and TMs. I could hardly imagine it being any other way, but I'd rather be sure.

Thanks,
Alan
Collapse

Alan Boydell
France
French to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Problem solved Jun 2, 2004

I got everything working by reinstalling the latest build of TRADOS from scratch (in safe mode, not sure whether that made a difference or not).

A sincere heartfelt thanks for the time you invest into helping neophytes such as myself Ralf.

Sincerely,

Alan

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Term recognition won't 'overline' terms

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »