Veronique Boulet
Veronique Boulet
Canada
Local time: 22:49
English to French
+ ...
May 25, 2004

Hello!

I'm working with Trados since a few weeks and I would like to know if it is possible to take off the codes in the unclean document. At first, when I was translating, I was able to click on Afficher/Masquer (sorry, my Word is in French) and I could see the original and the translated sentence or I could see only the translation even if it was the unclean document. But now, I always see the English version and the French version. I heard that we have to take off the option '
... See more
Hello!

I'm working with Trados since a few weeks and I would like to know if it is possible to take off the codes in the unclean document. At first, when I was translating, I was able to click on Afficher/Masquer (sorry, my Word is in French) and I could see the original and the translated sentence or I could see only the translation even if it was the unclean document. But now, I always see the English version and the French version. I heard that we have to take off the option 'Codes masqués', but I can't find it.

Does somebody know how to do that?

Thank you very much,
Véronique
Collapse

Agua
Agua  Identity Verified
Spain
English to Spanish
+ ...
You go to "Tools" (Herramientas), Choose "Options" (Opciones)... May 25, 2004

and in "View" (Ver), you de-select "View hidden text" (Ver texto oculto). That way you only see the segment you are translating in the bilingual version, and then just the translation in the rest.

Sometimes it goes back to the bilingual (no idea why) and you have to repeat the process.

Good luck,

Mar

Florence Bremond
Florence Bremond  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 04:49
Member (2002)
English to French
+ ...
In a French version May 25, 2004

Outils/Options/Texte masqué
In MSWord toolbar, not in Workbench toolbar.

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 04:49
English to German
+ ...
Keep source text and tags visible when translating May 26, 2004

Hi Véronique,
It's advisable to keep hidden text visible when translating, given the risk of damaging tags otherwise.

Best regards, Ralf

Veronique Boulet
Veronique Boulet
Canada
Local time: 22:49
English to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you! May 26, 2004

Thank you very much for your advice. It works!

Cheers

Véronique

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

'Codes masqués' in Trados 6 Freelance

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »