Thread poster: trilce_ry
trilce_ry
trilce_ry
Spain
Local time: 15:18
English to Spanish
+ ...
Jun 4, 2004

Does anybody knows how to translate/convert Latex and ASCII files with TRADOS? I do not find how to do the correct file conversion to start working on.
Thank you for your help!!

Aleksandr Okunev (X)
Aleksandr Okunev (X)
Local time: 17:18
English to Russian
I did LaTeX with Wordfast, so Trados in Word will handle it Jun 4, 2004

convert Latex with TRADOS?

I did it by means of a macro recorded following istructions from a colleague in Wordfast Yahoo group.
The basic workflow is: you open *.tex in Word, run the macro which makes all commands and similar stuff 'invisible', translate, then copy/paste into Notepad (I hope you will read this, Dominique) and save as *.tex.
The knowledge that is required is that of Word's Find/replace function which is in the help (everything is).
Please, drop me a line, if you need more info.
Cheers,
Nemadeka

[Edited at 2004-06-04 19:32]

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 15:18
English to German
+ ...
Moving the thread... Jun 4, 2004

...to Trados Support.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Translating Latex and ASCII files with TRADOS

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »