MARCELA RUIZ
MARCELA RUIZ  Identity Verified
Argentina
Local time: 02:38
Spanish to English
+ ...
Jun 14, 2004

Hi everybody!
I have a problem with an assignment: my client sent me a Word document with many modifications with the track changes function on, and he wants the translation to retain that format.
I told him the modification ID would dissappear and he agreed, but now I'm trying to think of a way to do it with Trados and cannot seem to find a solution.
Hope you can help me.
TIA
Marcela
Buenos Aires, Argentina

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 07:38
English to German
+ ...
Moving the thread... Jun 14, 2004

...to Trados Support.
I'm afraid there's no way you can retain the revision marking: Trados and Track Changes are mutually exclusive.

Nor would keeping the markups make much sense, unless there is a previous translation you could compare with.

If that's the case, you can run a document comparison against that version once you have completed the translation.

Sorry... Ralf

MARCELA RUIZ
MARCELA RUIZ  Identity Verified
Argentina
Local time: 02:38
Spanish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Tnx!! Jun 14, 2004

Ralf Lemster wrote:

...to Trados Support.
I'm afraid there's no way you can retain the revision marking: Trados and Track Changes are mutually exclusive.

Nor would keeping the markups make much sense, unless there is a previous translation you could compare with.

If that's the case, you can run a document comparison against that version once you have completed the translation.

Sorry... Ralf

I tried different options ... wanted to check if some of the Office savvy people here could come up with any "creative" solution.
Tnx again

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Track Changes + Trados

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »