How do you make text within tags always present for translation?
Thread poster: Zhoudan
Zhoudan
Zhoudan  Identity Verified
Local time: 16:37
English to Chinese
+ ...
Jun 17, 2004

Dear colleagues,

My client sent me a .ttx file which is prepared from xml files. I believe some of the text within the tags needs to be translated, but turning off tag protection does not make the text translatable. That is, I can't edit it and it is still within a closed box. I'm using Windows XP + Trados freelance 5.5. My question: how can I make the text within the closed tags always present for translation?

Thank you.

Frustrated,
Zhoudan

Csaba Ban
Csaba Ban  Identity Verified
Hungary
Local time: 10:37
Member (2002)
English to Hungarian
+ ...
Are you sure they need to be translated? Jun 17, 2004

Nihao,

Normally tags are not supposed be translated as they contain formatting information. I think you should check this with your client.

regards,
Csaba

Zhoudan
Zhoudan  Identity Verified
Local time: 16:37
English to Chinese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Well... Jun 17, 2004

Hi Csaba,

I checked with the client and he said that these tagged texts were linked with other parts of the file and would be automatically changed when the other linked parts were translated. So no need to worry about this!

Regards,

Zhoudan

[Edited at 2004-06-17 11:56]

Csaba Ban
Csaba Ban  Identity Verified
Hungary
Local time: 10:37
Member (2002)
English to Hungarian
+ ...
I see Jun 17, 2004

I know what you mean. These are usually titles of sections in the document, or index entries, etc. These are usually included in tags for automatically creating cross references such as table of contents, index, etc.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How do you make text within tags always present for translation?

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »