{xe "XXX"} tags in Word
Thread poster: Li-chuan Yen
Li-chuan Yen
Li-chuan Yen  Identity Verified
Local time: 03:17
English to Chinese
Jun 25, 2004

I found when there are items such as {xe "xxx"} in Word, Trados would treat {xe "yyy"} as a 100% match. Is there a workaround?

RWSTranslation
RWSTranslation
Germany
Local time: 20:17
German to English
+ ...
Problem ? Jun 25, 2004

Hello,
can you please exlain your problem with the index entries a little bit more detailed.

Hans

Li-chuan Yen
English to Chinese
TOPIC STARTER
Details of the issue Jun 25, 2004

Li-chuan wrote:

I found when there are items such as {xe "xxx"} in Word, Trados would treat {xe "yyy"} as a 100% match. Is there a workaround?

For example, there's {xe "Life is beautiful"} in the text, and there's {xe "Life is unbearable"} in the TM. When I open the segment that contains {xe "Life is beautiful"}, Workbench retrieves {xe "Life is unbearable"} as a 100% match. This kind of tag has the style of "tw4winInternal", and I usually use "Restore Source" to fix the segment. Is there a way to avoid translating this kind of item during auto-translation?

RWSTranslation
RWSTranslation
Germany
German to English
+ ...
Trados version ? Jun 25, 2004

Hello,

some additional questions.

which version of Trados do you use. If you use an early version of 6.5, you should load the actual patches.

It seems not correct, that the index entry has the Tw4WinInternal style. Can you see, if the original segment in the tm has these style formatting in the source ore target ?

Has the original text in the word file these style format ?

Are you sure, that you don't translate a tagged file ?
... See more
Hello,

which version of Trados do you use. If you use an early version of 6.5, you should load the actual patches.

It seems not correct, that the index entry has the Tw4WinInternal style. Can you see, if the original segment in the tm has these style formatting in the source ore target ?

Are you sure, that you don't translate a tagged file ?

Regards

Hans
Collapse

Hynek Palatin
Hynek Palatin  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
Member (2003)
English to Czech
+ ...
Internal style Jun 25, 2004

The glossary tags shouldn't be marked as internal, because it means they are not to be translated. You can remove the style from the source document or you will have to fix the tags (translate them) manually.

Li-chuan Yen
English to Chinese
TOPIC STARTER
thanks Jun 28, 2004

DSC wrote:

Hello,

Are you sure, that you don\'t translate a tagged file ?

Regards

Hans

The Tw4WinInternal style comes from converting the original file format (Amipro) to RTF using some special tool. Your answer did shed some light on my problem. I wonder how come there\'re these tags since I don\'t use Trados for conversion...

RWSTranslation
RWSTranslation
Germany
German to English
+ ...
AmiPro Jun 28, 2004

Hello,
i think there was a possibility to work with AmiPro directly. Maybe the macros will work with the actual version of Trados

Hans

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

{xe "XXX"} tags in Word

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »