Thread poster: IanW (X)
IanW (X)
IanW (X)
Local time: 09:28
German to English
+ ...
Jun 30, 2004

Hi there,

I updated to Trados Freelance 6.5 a while ago and am very happy with the option of using Tag Editor for PPTs.

However, when a slide consists of bullet points, I often end up with the most or all of the page in a single segment, which is very cumbersome and rather annoying.

I've looked at the segmentation options in the Workbench, but can't find anything that would help. Can anyone suggest a way of ensuring that each bullet point is treated as a se
... See more
Hi there,

I updated to Trados Freelance 6.5 a while ago and am very happy with the option of using Tag Editor for PPTs.

However, when a slide consists of bullet points, I often end up with the most or all of the page in a single segment, which is very cumbersome and rather annoying.

I've looked at the segmentation options in the Workbench, but can't find anything that would help. Can anyone suggest a way of ensuring that each bullet point is treated as a separate segment? (And, while we're at it, whether there is a way of getting Trados to ignore the Notes Pages).

Any suggestions gratefully received

All the best

Ian
Collapse

Jerzy Czopik
Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
Use "enlarge" or "reduce" segment commands Jun 30, 2004

I have the same problem and have found no solution, so I use "CTRL+ALT+PgUp" to reduce segment, until I get what I want or need.

Regarding your second question, I'm sorry, but I do not now any solution. OTOH my customer allways wanted those to be traslated, so never had a problem with.

Regards
Jerzy

Terry Gilman
Terry Gilman  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2003)
German to English
+ ...
Defining Notes Pages text as a style to ignore? Jun 30, 2004

Hi Ian,

I would have also suggested Ctrl+Alt+PgUp/Dn for the first question, but I use T-Windows.
For the second, although I haven't done it myself, have you tried redefining the style of the notes page before you start? I noticed this feature last night while looking for something else in the manual and made a mental note to come back to it. Hope someone else can enlighten us.

All the best,
Terry

IanW (X)
IanW (X)
German to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks! Jul 1, 2004

Thanks guys,

I never knew about the Ctrl-Alt-PageUp function, and it's a pretty good solution to the problem.

All the best

Ian

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Tag Editor: reducing the size of segments

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »