Thread poster: hschl
hschl
hschl  Identity Verified
Local time: 08:56
English to German
+ ...
Jul 8, 2004

Trouble not seen before in 6.5 Trados -

Word is open, Workbench is open, trying to open a segment and the following fault message appears: Trados Translator's Workbench is not running.

I double - checked that I have an existing memory available.

Just figured it out...
When I installed Trados, I had Admin rights on my PC (for our little network). Somehow they changed to user rights only in the last few days....

All is well and run
... See more
Trouble not seen before in 6.5 Trados -

Word is open, Workbench is open, trying to open a segment and the following fault message appears: Trados Translator's Workbench is not running.

I double - checked that I have an existing memory available.

Just figured it out...
When I installed Trados, I had Admin rights on my PC (for our little network). Somehow they changed to user rights only in the last few days....

All is well and running again.

thanks you

Any suggestions or experience?

[Edited at 2004-07-09 15:11]
Collapse

00000000 (X)
00000000 (X)
English to French
+ ...
Shut down the computer Jul 8, 2004

Sometimes these things happen with Windows and Trados. Restart your computer and then everything. It's a pain, but more often than not it will solve the problem(s).

Best,
Esther

[Edited at 2004-07-08 23:13]

Monika Coulson
Monika Coulson  Identity Verified
Local time: 00:56
Member (2001)
English to Albanian
+ ...
SITE LOCALIZER
Same problem happened to me now Oct 4, 2004

The Translator's Workbench is already open, but I am getting e message that says that it is not open. I already rebooted the computer three times, and it did not help.

Any ideas what should I do? Thank you in advance for your help.

Monika

[Edited at 2004-10-04 08:08]

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 08:56
English to German
+ ...
More details, please... Oct 4, 2004

Hi Monika,
Could you please provide more details? Trying to propose a solution with knowing which version you're using (including the build number, please) is close to guessing, I'm afraid...

The Translator's Workbench is already open, but I am getting e message that says that it is not open. I already rebooted the computer three times, and it did not help.

Where do you get this error message, and what does it say exactly (including any error number)?

Thanks, Ralf

Monika Coulson
Monika Coulson  Identity Verified
Local time: 00:56
Member (2001)
English to Albanian
+ ...
SITE LOCALIZER
Thank you Henrik and Ralf - problem solved Oct 4, 2004

Ooops, sorry Ralf. I use Trados 6.5 (Freelance version). I started to work on a new computer this weekend and this was the first translation on this computer. As I was working, my Word file closed due to a Word error and when I reopened the file, I received the message "Trados Translator's Workbench is not running", even though it was running. I rebooted my computer a few times and it did not help at all.

However, this morning, I asked my hubby to help me with this situation (it w
... See more
Ooops, sorry Ralf. I use Trados 6.5 (Freelance version). I started to work on a new computer this weekend and this was the first translation on this computer. As I was working, my Word file closed due to a Word error and when I reopened the file, I received the message "Trados Translator's Workbench is not running", even though it was running. I rebooted my computer a few times and it did not help at all.

However, this morning, I asked my hubby to help me with this situation (it was about 3:30 or 4 am when this happened, and since it was not extremely urgent, I did not dare waking him up). He just gave me some Administrators rights on my computer and everything went back to normal (same thing that helped Henrik with his problem). I am still not sure what these Administrative rights had to do with this Trados problem, but it helped.

Thanks Ralf for your concern and for your time, it is appreciated.
Have a nice day.
Monika

Ralf Lemster wrote:

Hi Monika,
Could you please provide more details? Trying to propose a solution with knowing which version you're using (including the build number, please) is close to guessing, I'm afraid...

Thanks, Ralf

[Edited at 2004-10-04 14:14]
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Open Workbench not recognized

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »