Search for text with tags in TagEditor?
Thread poster: Stefan Gentz
Stefan Gentz
Stefan Gentz
Local time: 14:21
English to German
+ ...
Jul 20, 2004

Hello I'm trying to find a way to search (and replace) for a text string with embedded tags in TagEditor. E.g. I have a segment like "This is my text". Unfortunately I did not find a way until now to find such a text in TagEditor. In Word it's no problem. If I type in "This is my text" in the find dialog of TE is doesn't find that text. Of course I can open the TTX in Notepad or similar and do the S&R there, but that's far away from being comfortable. Copy & Paste from TE to Word and vice versa ... See more
Hello I'm trying to find a way to search (and replace) for a text string with embedded tags in TagEditor. E.g. I have a segment like "This is my text". Unfortunately I did not find a way until now to find such a text in TagEditor. In Word it's no problem. If I type in "This is my text" in the find dialog of TE is doesn't find that text. Of course I can open the TTX in Notepad or similar and do the S&R there, but that's far away from being comfortable. Copy & Paste from TE to Word and vice versa is also not really the way what I expect
Does anyone knows a trick how to do this? How do you do it when you have to find text in a TTX with tons of internal tags even within words?

Looking forward to your enlightening answers
Collapse

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
+ ...
TextPad Jul 21, 2004

Hi Stefan,
I use TextPad - a low-priced text editor offering much more search & replace options than Notepad.

HTH, Ralf

Stefan Gentz
Stefan Gentz
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
That was not my question ;-) Jul 21, 2004

Hi Ralf,

thanks much for your answer, nevertheless that was not my question. Actually I know TextPad and it's quite powerful. What I was looking for was a more convenient solution *within* TagEdtor. I don't really like to work with the source code of the TTX especially as it's difficult to read the code if you want to do a lot of S&R with "visual human confirmation".

Any other suggestions?

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
+ ...
I know... ;-) Jul 21, 2004

...but I wasn't aware of any better solution myself.

I'll alert Trados Support to this query.

Best, Ralf

Stefan Gentz
Stefan Gentz
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Anything new meanwhile? Aug 13, 2004

I'll alert Trados Support to this query.

Hi Ralf,
Did TRADOS gave any reply to this?

Or does anyone else knows how to search and replace tags in TagEditor?
I need to do this very often. E.g. I need to search for " mm" and replace it with "(hs-tag)mm" (any number + hard space + unit) or search and replace things like "Windows XP" with "Windows(hs-tag)XP". I'm wondering if there is no possibility to do this in TagEditor ...?!?

[Edited at 2004-08-13 14:56]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Search for text with tags in TagEditor?

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »