Thread poster: Stefan Keller
Stefan Keller
Stefan Keller  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 22:33
English to German
Jul 27, 2004

Hi all,

I have been translating loads of context help files (RTF) in Word (2000) using Trados 6.5 Freelance. As many of you will know, those files have one topic per page, leading to tons of page breaks.

For some reason I haven't been able to figure out yet, the following keeps happening over and over again:
When I translate the final segment on a page and press ALT++, Trados opens the next segment (on the next page) BUT applies "Standard" style instead of "t4win
... See more
Hi all,

I have been translating loads of context help files (RTF) in Word (2000) using Trados 6.5 Freelance. As many of you will know, those files have one topic per page, leading to tons of page breaks.

For some reason I haven't been able to figure out yet, the following keeps happening over and over again:
When I translate the final segment on a page and press ALT++, Trados opens the next segment (on the next page) BUT applies "Standard" style instead of "t4winmark" to the closing } character at the end of the segment I just closed. This happens completely at random, not in every file, not at every page break, and although all files clean-up fine, I'd really like to know why these styles get messed up.

Any hints?

Thanks a lot in advance.
Best regards,
Stefan
Collapse

Ilde Grimaldi
Ilde Grimaldi  Identity Verified
Member (2003)
English to Italian
+ ...
end of paragraphs missing? Jul 28, 2004

I'm not sure, but probably this is because the page break has been applied immediately after the last character and no end of paragraph was there (Return sign, resembling a "P"). I would stopo and apply those end of paraghraph signs before proceeding the translation... or ask the client to do that. Anyway probably it can be done almost automatically (the sign to search the page break is "^m".

ciao
Ilde

Stefan Keller
Stefan Keller  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
TOPIC STARTER
No, they are there Jul 28, 2004

Thanks Ilde, but the paragraph marks are there. If they weren't, I would end up with the source on the first page and the target on the second.

Regards,
Stefan

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

End-of-segment markers are being re-formatted by workbench

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »