Error 33353 in TRADOS. How should we proceed?
Thread poster: Konstantinos Karanikas B.Sc. Electr. Eng., MITI
Konstantinos Karanikas B.Sc. Electr. Eng., MITI
Greece
Local time: 03:51
Member (2003)
English to Greek
+ ...
Jul 30, 2004

Hello everybody,

I was wandering if I could get any help from anyone out there with regard to two other problems in Trados.

1) Actually it's an error message:
'Error 33353: end of paragraph cannot be found'

It appeared when I was trying to translate within a text box inserted in a normal word document.

How should I proceed from there?

2) Speaking of text boxes, in some cases, when the font used is Arial, I type in the tra
... See more
Hello everybody,

I was wandering if I could get any help from anyone out there with regard to two other problems in Trados.

It appeared when I was trying to translate within a text box inserted in a normal word document.

2) Speaking of text boxes, in some cases, when the font used is Arial, I type in the translation in Greek and everything is OK until I try to close the segment and proceed to the next one. The translated Greek text reverts to other font characters which are incomprehensible to me!

Any help will be appreciated. Thank you in advance.
Collapse

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 02:51
English to German
+ ...
Add a paragraph mark Jul 30, 2004

Hi Konstantinos,

Sometimes Word text ends without a paragraph mark, e.g. when followed immediately by a section/page break. Trados needs an end-of-paragraph mark to identify the paragraph.
Try inserting a paragraph mark at the end of the sentence.

Can't help you with the Greek font issue, I'm afraid.

Best regards, Ralf

Natalya Zelikova
Natalya Zelikova  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 02:51
English to Russian
+ ...
Solutions Jul 30, 2004

Try to "Fix Document", that is in Trados submenu in Word. Or simply insert a paragraph mark as Ralf advised you.

2) Speaking of text boxes, in some cases, when the font used is Arial, I type in the translation in Greek and everything is OK until I try to close the segment and proceed to the next one. The translated Greek text reverts to other font characters which are incomprehensible to me!

Change the font of the whole document (before you begin translating it in Trados) to the one that has no problems with Greek. (For example, I change Arial to Times New Roman for Russian), complete your translation and after you clean the text, change the font to original one, i.e. Arial.

It's not difficult: Edit > Select All and choose the font you want to use.

[Edited at 2004-07-30 15:35]

Greece
Local time: 03:51
Member (2003)
English to Greek
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
No luck! Jul 30, 2004

No luck I am afraid Nash and Ralf.

The text box contains the source and target segment windows, which are open and the program seems stuck. Adding an end of paragraph mark didn't help either. I cannot close it, and I cannot fix the document.

Workbench keeps displaying the error message.
I noticed the text box is in Arial again.

-------------------------------------------------------------Yes Nash your advice with regard to fonts worked just fin
... See more
No luck I am afraid Nash and Ralf.

The text box contains the source and target segment windows, which are open and the program seems stuck. Adding an end of paragraph mark didn't help either. I cannot close it, and I cannot fix the document.

Workbench keeps displaying the error message.
I noticed the text box is in Arial again.

-------------------------------------------------------------Yes Nash your advice with regard to fonts worked just fine. Thank you very much.
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Error 33353 in TRADOS. How should we proceed?

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »