Thread poster: Silvia Gutiérrez Mayo
Silvia Gutiérrez Mayo
Silvia Gutiérrez Mayo  Identity Verified
Local time: 23:59
English to Spanish
+ ...
Aug 6, 2004

Dear colleagues,
I have a very basic question. Please excuse me. I work with TRADOS 6.0 and it comes with Multiterm iX. I got a Multiterm Termbase mtw from a client and I am not able to open it in TRADOS Workbench. What can I do?
Please help me!!
Thank you!
Silvia

[Subject edited by staff or moderator 2004-08-06 13:42]

Nia Foster
Nia Foster
United Kingdom
Local time: 22:59
Swedish to English
Multiterm convert Aug 6, 2004

Hi

There is a program called Multiterm Convert(for trados 6) (Multiterm Migration in trados 5.5). You will need to convert your .mtw glossary using this tool and then you will be able to select it in Translators Workbench. Open Multiterm Convert (start - programs - trados - multiterm - multiterm convert) and follow the instructions to convert from a Multiterm 5 termbase version.

Hope this helps
Nicola

MagnusL
MagnusL
Spanish to Swedish
+ ...
Usa MultiTerm Aug 9, 2004

Silvia Gutiérrez Mayo wrote:

Dear colleagues,
I have a very basic question. Please excuse me. I work with TRADOS 6.0 and it comes with Multiterm iX. I got a Multiterm Termbase mtw from a client and I am not able to open it in TRADOS Workbench. What can I do?
Please help me!!
Thank you!
Silvia

[Subject edited by staff or moderator 2004-08-06 13:42]

Hola Silvia:
No lo puedes abrir con Workbench. Tienes que abrirlo con la aplicación MultiTerm que normalmente está en la carpeta en la misma carpeta Trados que Workbench. Abre el programa, ve a file-open y ya.
Suerte!
Magnus

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Multiterm iX beginner asks: 'How to open Multiterm Termbase mtw?'

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »