Possible to convert .xslt / .xsd to Tag Editor ini files?
Thread poster: Kirsty Mason
Kirsty Mason
Kirsty Mason  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 17:54
German to English
Aug 10, 2004

Whenever I have worked with TagEditor previously, I have always been supplied with an .ini file by the client.

For a recent project I have been provided with XML files to translate, along with the .xslt (XML transformation) file, and an .xsd (XML schema) file. Am I correct in assuming these files cannot be read by TagEditor as DTD settings and the client needs to provide me with an .ini file? Or is there some way I can convert these myself?

(TagEditor version 6.5)
... See more
Whenever I have worked with TagEditor previously, I have always been supplied with an .ini file by the client.

For a recent project I have been provided with XML files to translate, along with the .xslt (XML transformation) file, and an .xsd (XML schema) file. Am I correct in assuming these files cannot be read by TagEditor as DTD settings and the client needs to provide me with an .ini file? Or is there some way I can convert these myself?

(TagEditor version 6.5)

TIA for any advice.
Collapse

Fernando Toledo
Fernando Toledo  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 18:54
German to Spanish
Tageditor can't do it Aug 11, 2004

I have take a look into the Help file of Tageditor:

...For schema-based XML files (xsd), you must enter the information manually as the DTD Settings Manager does not yet support reading tags from documents, only DTDs...

so maybe you will have some problems

So you better ask for the .ini file

Regards

Toledo

[Edited at 2004-08-11 11:39]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Possible to convert .xslt / .xsd to Tag Editor ini files?

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »