Rahi Moosavi  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 03:55
Member (2004)
English to Persian (Farsi)
+ ...
Aug 10, 2004

Hi,

I do SGML files in Tageditor but I can do a word count on the actual text inside it, if I do a word count all the tags and other data will be counted too.

I am very much interested to know how one could count words in the middle of a document?

Judy Rojas
Judy Rojas  Identity Verified
Chile
Spanish to English
+ ...
Save the file as .ttx Aug 10, 2004

Hi:
Just save the file as .ttx and then run the analyze function in Trados. The count will include only the words, the tag will be shown as Placeables.

Regards,.
Ricardo

Rahi Moosavi
Rahi Moosavi  Identity Verified
Canada
Member (2004)
English to Persian (Farsi)
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Source word count Aug 11, 2004

Hi Ricardo

This was great, I can count the source words now, but the remaining issue would be this: You are in the middle of a job and want to know how many words you have processed so far and how many source words are left to be translated?

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Word Count in Tageditor

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »