Thread poster: heididu
heididu
heididu
Local time: 18:20
Dutch to German
+ ...
Aug 18, 2004

Hello there,
I have a pretty big TM and I'd like to extract/export certain TUs, but I can't filter them with the default export settings. I would like to filter them by certain terms included in the text of the TUs. Does anybody know if this is possible? I couldn't find such a feature (Trados 6)

RWSTranslation
RWSTranslation
Germany
Local time: 19:20
German to English
+ ...
Maintenance or project tm Aug 18, 2004

Hello,

you can use the maintenace function to add a attribut to all the units which contain your word and after this you can export all units with the attribut.

you can make a analyze with your files and export a project tm.

With kind regards

Hans

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 19:20
English to German
+ ...
Filter by Segments Aug 18, 2004

Hi heididu,

I would like to filter them by certain terms included in the text of the TUs.

In the Export dialogue, choose the required language from the Field list (you should see the TM index languages displayed on top, under Segments. Click on Add to add this to the Filter constraints list, then select your filter in line with the criteria set out in the TW Help function (click on Help in the Export dialogue, and follow the Criterion box and Attribute picklist link.

HTH, Ralf

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Extracting translation units

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »