Carsten Behrend  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 13:30
English to German
+ ...
Aug 19, 2004

Dear colleagues,

I am using Trados 6.5 FL (Build 417).

In Workbench, I am encountering the following problem. The TM has the language pair Russian-German. During translation, the recognition process works well and I am deeply satisfied with the fuzzy match results.

However, there is one flaw I hope to remove with your help. In Maintenance, I add my criteria for the search. But, the Russian font changes into question marks, when I send them above to the crit
... See more
Dear colleagues,

I am using Trados 6.5 FL (Build 417).

In Workbench, I am encountering the following problem. The TM has the language pair Russian-German. During translation, the recognition process works well and I am deeply satisfied with the fuzzy match results.

However, there is one flaw I hope to remove with your help. In Maintenance, I add my criteria for the search. But, the Russian font changes into question marks, when I send them above to the criterion list. The search results are OK and on the dot. So this is no big deal, one might say, as the result is acceptable. But sometimes you wish to combine some search strings, and then?

The same is true in the Maintenance main window. In the view mode (simply looking at a Translation Unit), I can see every correct Russian letter. But in edit mode, everything is garbled and the Russian version cannot be changed.

Did anyone encounter this problem once upon a time? Any workaround?

TIA
Carsten
Collapse

Stefan Gentz
Stefan Gentz
Local time: 13:30
English to German
+ ...
Try updating to 6.5.5.438 Aug 21, 2004

Hi Carsten,

I guess you wll be able to solve this problem by updating to 6.5.5.438. After the update I was able to show proper russian characters like "Безопасность" instead of "Áåçîïàñíîñòü" e.g. in the Edit Translation Unit Dialog. There are several enhancements regarding Unicode support in 6.5.5.438.

Also 6.5.5.438 seems to solve a significant problem (did not test this though):
When working with any non-Western language such as Greek, Turkish, Russian etc., Translator's Workbench no longer corrupts target language segments. This means it is now possible to use Greek as the language for non-Unicode programs in Windows 2000 or XP and still use Translator's Workbench for translating into/from Greek in Word.

http://support.trados.com/view.asp?cntID=1349

Best,
*Stefan.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Russian Fonts in Edit Windows

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »