Thread poster: Julie FOLTZ
Julie FOLTZ
Julie FOLTZ
France
Local time: 10:48
English to French
+ ...
Aug 19, 2004

I'm just a beginner in Trados and I don't know what "STF tags" mean if you could help me...

Claudia Iglesias
Claudia Iglesias  Identity Verified
Chile
Local time: 06:48
Member (2002)
Spanish to French
+ ...
Julie Aug 19, 2004

I wanted to tell you that I had moved your message to Trados support but I couldn't because you chose not to receive e-mails.

I hope you'll find your topic anyway.

Claudia

RWSTranslation
RWSTranslation
Germany
German to English
+ ...
STF Tags Aug 19, 2004

Hello,

STF means: S-Tagger Format.

When you convert dtp files for use with trados you will get a stf file (which comes as a rtf file or as a ttx file) The tags are necessary to preserve the layout structure information in the text. There is a reference guide (File Format referene) which describes the function of the tags.

With kind regards

Hans

Stefan Gentz
Stefan Gentz
English to German
+ ...
The S in S-Tagger Aug 19, 2004

Hans wrote:
STF means: S-Tagger Format.

Just a small note for your pleasure: The S in S-Tagger is for "Sarah" (I think Carrol), the clever woman who created S-Tagger in the dark times where FrameMaker translation ment to be copy & paste So STF was actually Sarah's Tag Format

Cheers,
*Stefan.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

What does STF tags mean ?

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »