Thread poster: Stefan Gentz
Stefan Gentz
Stefan Gentz
Local time: 06:07
English to German
+ ...
Aug 19, 2004

Hi,

I just got a Word 2003 XML file (.doc, no dtd specified) that I need to prep for translation. The prob is, that the translators don't have Word 11 yet (but Trados in Word 11 on XML DOCs seem to work not very well anyway). Well, my first idea was to save the doc as xml with Word 11 and open the xml in TE. I could open the xml in TE without a problem, but as expected the created TTX was more or less useless due to the missing dtd specification in the word doc (giant segments due t
... See more
Hi,

I just got a Word 2003 XML file (.doc, no dtd specified) that I need to prep for translation. The prob is, that the translators don't have Word 11 yet (but Trados in Word 11 on XML DOCs seem to work not very well anyway). Well, my first idea was to save the doc as xml with Word 11 and open the xml in TE. I could open the xml in TE without a problem, but as expected the created TTX was more or less useless due to the missing dtd specification in the word doc (giant segments due to tons of internal tags).

My questions are now: How do you work with Word 2003 XML DOCs? Does anyone has an idea or maybe existing workaround to prep Word 2003 XML DOCs for translation with e.g. Word XP or below and TRADOS without loosing XML tags (maybe a macro that converts the Word XML tags to tw4winExternal/Internal tags and vice versa)?

Looking forward to any feedback.
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Translating Word 2003 XML DOCs

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »