Trados Password Problem
Thread poster: Vadney (X)
Vadney (X)
Vadney (X)
German to English
+ ...
Aug 29, 2004

Some time ago when working on an agency project (I think it was Scitech or some other agency) I was provided with a Siemens terminology manager glossary. I was recently trying to edit some entries, but on my present version of Trados it now asks me for a user name and password. (I was able to use super and admin before). And now it's impossible to edit, export or manage the terminology.

I am really miffed by this development and hope there is a fix so that I can build on this glossa
... See more
Some time ago when working on an agency project (I think it was Scitech or some other agency) I was provided with a Siemens terminology manager glossary. I was recently trying to edit some entries, but on my present version of Trados it now asks me for a user name and password. (I was able to use super and admin before). And now it's impossible to edit, export or manage the terminology.

I am really miffed by this development and hope there is a fix so that I can build on this glossary.

Has anyone experienced this problem and found a fix?

Thanks very much!

Harold
Collapse

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 12:18
English to German
+ ...
Moving the thread... Aug 29, 2004

...to Trados support.

Harold, you did not provide details regarding data format/software version. Was this a MultiTerm database (in which case, can you please indicate which version)?

Thanks, Ralf

Vadney (X)
Vadney (X)
German to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Multiterm username & password problem Aug 29, 2004

Ralf Lemster wrote:

...to Trados support.
Was this a MultiTerm database (in which case, can you please indicate which version)?

Thanks, Ralf

Good morning, Ralf. Thank you very much for your reply. I apologise for not providing that information. It's Multiterm Ver. 5.5

Thanks,

Harold

Joanne Parker
Joanne Parker  Identity Verified
Local time: 11:18
Member (2002)
German to English
+ ...
Have you tried Aug 29, 2004

just hitting enter without entering any username or password? You don't have to enter anything in my version.

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
+ ...
Try loggin on as "guest" Aug 29, 2004

Hi again,
Can you try and get access in non-exclusive mode?
(This won't let you export or edit entries, but at least you could see them...)

HTH, Ralf

Vadney (X)
Vadney (X)
German to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Just hit enter ... Aug 29, 2004

Joanne Parker wrote:

just hitting enter without entering any username or password? You don't have to enter anything in my version.

That works fine; I have no problem seeing the entries and Workbench has no problem searching and presenting suggestions; I just need to get in and add/edit entries. That's the problem.

H.

Clarisa Moraña
Clarisa Moraña  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 06:18
Member (2002)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Open it directly from Multiterm Aug 30, 2004

It has happened me a couple of times, when I open the Multiterm it doesn't allow me to edit it. While that MT window is open, I simple reopen it using FILE > OPEN TERMBASE > EXCLUSIVE ACCESS MODE (YES).

Regards,

Clarisa

[Edited at 2004-08-30 03:32]

RWSTranslation
RWSTranslation
Germany
German to English
+ ...
Check read only attribut Aug 30, 2004

Hello,

Multiterm always ask for a password, if the mtw file is read only.

If this is not the problem, you can open the mtw file i an editor. Search for "super". The password and the possible user names are in clear text in the file

Hans

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados Password Problem

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »