How to exclude locked segments from exporting for external review?
Thread poster: Erik Freitag
Erik Freitag
Erik Freitag  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 17:14
Member (2006)
Dutch to German
+ ...
Feb 22, 2013

Dear colleagues,

in Studio 2011, SP2R, I am trying to exclude locked segments from exporting for external review. However, I can't find a place where to set options like that. Under project settings, all I can do is picking colours for different match types, and switching from side-by-side to top-down layout.

I have also tried to edit the batch task, but the option (File - Setup - Batch-Tasks) is greyed out.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Kin
... See more
Dear colleagues,

in Studio 2011, SP2R, I am trying to exclude locked segments from exporting for external review. However, I can't find a place where to set options like that. Under project settings, all I can do is picking colours for different match types, and switching from side-by-side to top-down layout.

I have also tried to edit the batch task, but the option (File - Setup - Batch-Tasks) is greyed out.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Kind regards,
Erik

[Bearbeitet am 2013-02-22 16:46 GMT]
Collapse

Oscar Martin
Oscar Martin
Spain
English to Spanish
+ ...
SDXLIFF Converter Feb 22, 2013

It seems that SDLXLIFF Converter does the job.

You can find more info at Paul Filkin's blog: http://multifarious.filkin.com/2012/07/18/the-sdlxliff-converter/

It allows to exclude segments based on segment status or segment categories.

Erik Freitag
Erik Freitag  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2006)
Dutch to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Feb 22, 2013

Thanks, Oscar, I didn't know that the SDLXLIFF Converter still existed after its functionality has been integrated into Studio 2011. I was using it with Studio 2009, and I remembered it was possible to exclude segments, hence my desparation when I was unable to find that function now.

Again, many thanks!

Erik

[Bearbeitet am 2013-02-22 16:48 GMT]

Luca Vaccari
Luca Vaccari  Identity Verified
Italy
Swedish to Italian
+ ...
Converter for Word still available for Studio 2014? Nov 6, 2015

I can only see
Sdl.Utilities.SDLXLIFFConvertor.WinUI
in my program list and it doesn't seem to be the same.

Nora Diaz
Nora Diaz  Identity Verified
Mexico
Local time: 09:14
Member (2002)
English to Spanish
+ ...
SDLXLIFF Toolkit Nov 6, 2015

You could try the SDLXLIFF Toolkit from the Open Exchange app store:

http://www.translationzone.com/openexchange/app/sdlxlifftoolkit-802.html#85420

Thomas T. Frost
Thomas T. Frost  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 16:14
Danish to English
+ ...
Import and export with MemoQ Feb 14, 2018

As I didn't have the time to mess around with the sdlxliff toolkit and converter tonight, I simply imported the sdlxliff files directly from the Studio folder into MemoQ, and then exported them as two-column RTF with the option to include locked segments unchecked. Problem solved.

In many ways, getting to know Trados Studio is like going ten years back in time when one has used software like MemoQ. Companies that reach a dominating status, like SDL, often slack off and rest on their
... See more
As I didn't have the time to mess around with the sdlxliff toolkit and converter tonight, I simply imported the sdlxliff files directly from the Studio folder into MemoQ, and then exported them as two-column RTF with the option to include locked segments unchecked. Problem solved.

In many ways, getting to know Trados Studio is like going ten years back in time when one has used software like MemoQ. Companies that reach a dominating status, like SDL, often slack off and rest on their laurels without keeping up with competition. What Trados Studio is concerned, the main argument seems to be that many clients demand it, not that it's the best CAT tool. The price seems to confirm this.

MemoQ has its own faults, but I'm finding that Trados Studio doesn't have basic functions I took for granted in MemoQ.
Collapse

Michael Beijer
Michael Beijer  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 16:14
Member (2009)
Dutch to English
+ ...
same question over @ community.sdl.com... Feb 11, 2019

related question @ https://community.sdl.com/product-groups/translationproductivity/f/92/p/18370/74046#74046

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to exclude locked segments from exporting for external review?

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »