Kristina Wolf  Identity Verified
Australia
Local time: 14:27
Member (2004)
Spanish to German
+ ...
Sep 7, 2004

Hi everyone,
I Installed Trados 5.5 on my new computer, with Windows XP and Office 2003. Whenever I try to translate a document under Word I get the following error message: Outdated template document, Please use current version Trados5.dot, although I have already installed it. Any suggestions?
When I initially added Trados5.dot to Word I got a Macro warning and needed to confirm that I wanted to use this template which I also found strange.

Kristina

Gloria Nobili
Gloria Nobili
Italy
Local time: 06:27
English to Italian
+ ...
word2003 and Trados 5 Sep 7, 2004

As far as I know, word2003 is not compatible with Trados 5.x
I had the same problem. The available options are: buy the Trados Upgrade or reinstall the previous version of Word (2000). I chose the second one.

Jerzy Czopik
Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 06:27
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
You need Trados 6.5 Sep 7, 2004

Trados 5.5 is compatible with Word XP, but it is not supposed to work with Word 2003.
You have either to downgrade to Word XP or to upgrade to Trados 6.5. I would strongly suppose to upgrade to Trados 6.5 right now, as a new version was released very recently and the upgrade prices are still at reasonable level.
Consult www.translationzone.com for details.

Regards
Jerzy
... See more
Trados 5.5 is compatible with Word XP, but it is not supposed to work with Word 2003.
You have either to downgrade to Word XP or to upgrade to Trados 6.5. I would strongly suppose to upgrade to Trados 6.5 right now, as a new version was released very recently and the upgrade prices are still at reasonable level.
Consult www.translationzone.com for details.

Regards
Jerzy

[Edited at 2004-09-07 13:20]
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Problem with Trados 5.dot and Word 2003

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »