... See more
This is the first time I use Tag Editor with Trados 6.5.5 (Build 438), and I
have problems I didn't have with Trados 5.0

1) DTD files disappear when I close Tag Editor and open it again

2) It doesn't accept the Word spelling checker (and I thought it would since
I am using Word 2000) so I changed to Winter tree spelling checker but
whenever I close a segment it says that it doesn't support the current
Target Language (Spanish)

3) And now, it doesn't allow me to use Open/get , it is inactivated.

I'm lost ....and quite desperate...Thanks a lot for any help

Carolina
Collapse

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 12:46
English to German
+ ...
Need to know a few more details... Sep 12, 2004

Hi Carolina,
This is the first time I use Tag Editor with Trados 6.5.5 (Build 438), and I
have problems I didn't have with Trados 5.0

Have you installed the recent patch for T6.5.5 (see this thread for details)? Although the symptoms you described are not explicitly mentioned in the related KB article, this could be related.

1) DTD files disappear when I close Tag Editor and open it again

I'm not quite sure what you mean by this - are you referring to the selection of .ini files available?

2) It doesn't accept the Word spelling checker (and I thought it would since
I am using Word 2000)

What's the error message you get?

3) And now, it doesn't allow me to use Open/get , it is inactivated.

Does this occur on a TTX file? This may be caused by a difference between the languages set in the TM and those encoded in the TTX file (to find out the latter, open the TTX file in a text editor and search for the string 'SourceLanguage'; the target language is right next to it.

HTH, Ralf

Mónica Machado
Mónica Machado
United Kingdom
Local time: 11:46
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Same with me Sep 12, 2004

Hi Ralf,

I have downloaded the patch you mentioned but I have the same problem. When I open Tag Editor in Trados 6.5.5 I receive an imediate message saying that word spell checker was not loaded.

I have Windows 98 and word 97 and 2000.

How can we solve this? In Tag Editor of Trados 6.5.2 I had no problems:-(

Thanks for your help
Regards
Mónica

[Edited at 2004-09-12 11:05]

Ralf Lemster
Germany
English to German
+ ...
Checking with Trados Support Sep 12, 2004

Hi Carolina and Mónica,
I have brought this issue to the attention of Trados Support.

Best regards,
Ralf

Mónica Machado
Mónica Machado
United Kingdom
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Thanks Ralf Sep 12, 2004

Hi Ralf,

Many thanks. I had already reported this to Trados Support (before seeing your message) so I look forward to receive a solution from them shortly.

Have a nice weekend,
Regards,
Mónica

Carolina Fryd (X)
Carolina Fryd (X)  Identity Verified
Argentina
Local time: 07:46
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Almost solved Sep 12, 2004

[quote]Ralf Lemster wrote:

Hi Carolina,
Have you installed the recent patch for T6.5.5 (see this thread for details)? Although the symptoms you described are not explicitly mentioned in the related KB article, this could be related.
No, Ralf, I only downloaded the 438 Build as you had suggested and it solved my old problems. So, that's wonderful.

I'm not quite sure what you mean by this - are you referring to the selection of .ini files available?
Yes, because I added several .ini files and when I went back they were not there, but I think I had added them wrongly, because I didn't happen again.

What's the error message you get?
It says it doesn't support the target language (which is Spanish)Could it be that the Word spelling checker is not accepted because the day before I had uploaded a new spell checking dictionary in Word which merged with Word's original one?

Does this occur on a TTX file? This may be caused by a difference between the languages set in the TM and those encoded in the TTX file (to find out the latter, open the TTX file in a text editor and search for the string 'SourceLanguage'; the target language is right next to it.

Thanks a lot, but I reset the PC and it didn't happen again. I suppose that's nothing to worry about but I will take your advice into account just in case it happens again.

Thanks a lot Ralf for all your help.

[Edited at 2004-09-12 11:49]

Mónica Machado
Mónica Machado
United Kingdom
English to Portuguese
+ ...
So, simple after all! Sep 12, 2004

Hi Ralf

Many thanks. After reeading this and a few other Trados related threads... I found out what my problem was... I uploaded the new Trados 6.5.5 (new build) but since the "About" area was showing the correct version already I forgot to register the software!! Oh... I feel really terrible and ashamed!! Now all is solved:-) and working ok.

I think my problem was to assume that since I no longer had any other Trados versions installed I no longer needed to do the regi
... See more
Hi Ralf

Many thanks. After reeading this and a few other Trados related threads... I found out what my problem was... I uploaded the new Trados 6.5.5 (new build) but since the "About" area was showing the correct version already I forgot to register the software!! Oh... I feel really terrible and ashamed!! Now all is solved:-) and working ok.

I think my problem was to assume that since I no longer had any other Trados versions installed I no longer needed to do the registering process... It seems I was wrong.

Sorry for al the trouble caused and as usual your help on other threads helped me immensely.

Many thanks
Best regards,
Mónica

[Edited at 2004-09-13 08:34]
Collapse

Ralf Lemster
Germany
English to German
+ ...
No problem at all... Sep 13, 2004

...don't forget that this thread can help others who might encounter the same issue.

Best regards,
Ralf

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Problems with Tag Editor -Trados 6.5.5

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »