using Word spellechecker in TagEditor 6.5 Freelance
Thread poster: Rebekka Groß (X)
Rebekka Groß (X)
Rebekka Groß (X)  Identity Verified
Local time: 06:57
English to German
Sep 15, 2004

I've tried to enable the Word Spellchecker instead of the Winter Tree Spellchecker via Tools > Plugins but it won't load. I have both Word 2000 and Word 2002 on my machine. At first, I thought that the problem was caused because Word 2002 was already running but exiting Word didn't help. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 07:57
English to German
+ ...
Have you registered T6.5? Sep 15, 2004

...via Start - Programs - Trados 6.5 - Register Trados 6.5?

One of the DLLs registered with this process is a library that controls the communication with the spellchecker.

HTH, Ralf

Rebekka Groß (X)
English to German
TOPIC STARTER
no joy Sep 15, 2004

Hi Ralf,

Thanks for your prompt reply

I thought I'd registered Trados 6.5 but to be sure I selected the registration command again, restarted Workbench and TE but after selecting "Word Spellchecker" I still get the message that the Word Spellcheck plug-in has not been loaded.

Rebekka

Claudia Digel
Claudia Digel  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 07:57
English to German
+ ...
Restarting your computer might help Sep 15, 2004

Hi Rebekka,

sparkie wrote:

At first, I thought that the problem was caused because Word 2002 was already running but exiting Word didn't help. Does anyone have any suggestions?

I'm not sure if this helps at all but I have found out that I can only use the Word spellchecker in TagEditor when I haven't run Word since the computer was started. (Or to put this more precisely, I can use it but it just won't find any spelling errors.)

Just closing all instances of Word won't do the trick. I have to restart the machine every single time that I accidentially open Word, which is a real nuisance.

The same problem might occur when you try to enable the spellchecker - perhaps you can only do this if Word hasn't been run since you (re)started your machine?

Just my guess...

Claudia

Rebekka Groß (X)
English to German
TOPIC STARTER
nothing makes a difference Sep 16, 2004

I've registered Trados, restarted the computer and tried to load the Word spellchecker plug-in before running Word but it's still not working. Does anybody else have this problem and a solution for it? Fingers crossed...

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

using Word spellechecker in TagEditor 6.5 Freelance

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »