Sabry Hameed  Identity Verified
Egypt
Local time: 21:04
Member (2004)
Persian (Farsi) to Arabic
+ ...
Sep 17, 2004

Dear All,

I have a problem when I deal with T-windows for ppt.

When I open any ppt document and begin to use trados, it shows a message that the presentation contains unavailable fonts.

I tried that with a lot of presentations that contains famous fonts (Arial, Times new roman,..) and still the problem persists.

Please advise me what to do

Thanks for your help

Sabry Gameel Hameed
Found
... See more
Dear All,

I have a problem when I deal with T-windows for ppt.

When I open any ppt document and begin to use trados, it shows a message that the presentation contains unavailable fonts.

I tried that with a lot of presentations that contains famous fonts (Arial, Times new roman,..) and still the problem persists.

Please advise me what to do

Thanks for your help

Sabry Gameel Hameed
Founder and Translation manager
Egyptian Translators Team
http://www.egytranslators.com/
Collapse

Dorothee Racette (X)
Dorothee Racette (X)  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 15:04
German to English
+ ...
Look into translationzone.com Sep 18, 2004

Hello,

a good explanation of what to do can be found in the Knowledge Database of Trados at www.translationzone.com

I have copied the link to the article here:

http://support.trados.com/view.asp?cntID=478

HTH!

Dorothee

Sabry Hameed
Sabry Hameed  Identity Verified
Egypt
Member (2004)
Persian (Farsi) to Arabic
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
it works Sep 18, 2004

Dorothee Racette wrote:

Hello,

a good explanation of what to do can be found in the Knowledge Database of Trados at www.translationzone.com

I have copied the link to the article here:

http://support.trados.com/view.asp?cntID=478

HTH!

Dorothee

Thanks Dorothee

It works

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
+ ...
Which Trados version? Sep 18, 2004

Hi Sabry,
Which Trados version are you using?

Note that TagEditor 6.5 can handle Excel and PowerPoint files.

Best regards, Ralf

Chantal Henno
Chantal Henno  Identity Verified
Member (2002)
English to Dutch
+ ...
program stalls Sep 29, 2004

Note that TagEditor 6.5 can handle Excel and PowerPoint files.

Hi Ralf, I had the same problem and solved it in T Window as described above, but I don't seem to be able to open these files in TagEditor as everytime I open it, the programm stalls and I have to close it because I get the message "Program is not responding". Any ideas what can cause this?
I have Trados 6.5.5, Windows XP, PowerPoint XP (2002)
thanks
Chantal

Ralf Lemster
Germany
English to German
+ ...
Does it really? Sep 29, 2004

Hi Chantal,
Do you get an error message, or does it simply take very long, during which time the program is not responding?

Opening PPT and XLS files in TagEditor can take several minutes, as all the formatting information in the source file needs to be converted to TTX.

HTH, Ralf

Chantal Henno
Member (2002)
English to Dutch
+ ...
doesn't open Sep 29, 2004

Hi Ralf,
well I tried it again with a small file and waited for about 10 minutes. If I check my Windows Task Manager the program pops on and off from "not responding" to "running". It takes forever and nothing happens. I did get an error message once :
"80005 connection with server application error. The RPC server is unavailable".
I closed all my other programs, so nothing could interfere, but still no success.
Very strange,
Best regards,
Chantal

Ralf Lemster
Germany
English to German
+ ...
Registered the software? Sep 29, 2004

Hi again,
Noting that you upgraded to 6.5.5, did you register the software after upgrade/installation?
(Start - Programs - Trados 6.5 - Register Trados 6.5)

Ralf

Chantal Henno
Member (2002)
English to Dutch
+ ...
I registered Oct 1, 2004

Dear Ralf,
I registered the software, can't remember if I had done this already. I did at first get a message in the DOS window:
c:\windows\microsoft.net\framework\v1.0.3705\gacutil.exe is not recognized as an internal of external command
but I fixed this, so now that's done, and I was able to open a very small file of 130 Kb. When I tried opening a file of 800 kb, the program stopped again. I have some more files that are even larger (10 MB)so I suppose it's not use trying to
... See more
Dear Ralf,
I registered the software, can't remember if I had done this already. I did at first get a message in the DOS window:
c:\windows\microsoft.net\framework\v1.0.3705\gacutil.exe is not recognized as an internal of external command
but I fixed this, so now that's done, and I was able to open a very small file of 130 Kb. When I tried opening a file of 800 kb, the program stopped again. I have some more files that are even larger (10 MB)so I suppose it's not use trying to work in TagEditor. I closed all my other programs, so nothing could interfere, but no luck.
Too bad, because this T-window application is working extremely slow to swith to the following translation unit.
Thanks a lot for your help and if you have any tips, they're more than welcome. I think I should send you some Belgian chocolates for all your efforts
Have a nice day,
Chantal
Collapse

Chantal Henno
Member (2002)
English to Dutch
+ ...
It works!! Oct 3, 2004

Dear Ralf
just to let you know everything works fine now. Apparently it took much longer than I expected to load the files. This is indeed a much better way to work with ppt and xls files.
Thanks a whole bunch for your kind help!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

A problem with T-windows for ppt.

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »