Thread poster: Roberto Silva
Roberto Silva
Roberto Silva  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 04:33
English to Spanish
Sep 20, 2004

Hi,

I am using the Trados Workbench Team Suite 6.5, updated to the latest patch available.

I have received an RTF document coming from a converted FrameMaker MIF (pretranslated, with text in client configured colours). The document is about 1.000 pages long, making it nearly impossible to work in Word. Besides, I have always felt that TagEditor is mich more stable and faster than Word for most files.

The problem I have is that the client requires a certain
... See more
Hi,

I am using the Trados Workbench Team Suite 6.5, updated to the latest patch available.

I have received an RTF document coming from a converted FrameMaker MIF (pretranslated, with text in client configured colours). The document is about 1.000 pages long, making it nearly impossible to work in Word. Besides, I have always felt that TagEditor is mich more stable and faster than Word for most files.

The problem I have is that the client requires a certain colour configuration for Target 100% and Target Fuzzy. I have configured the settings in WKbench, but TagEditor does not seem to respect this colours. For instance, the first Fuzzy it finds, it keeps the source and target colours, unless I copy text from Source or I type new text. The copied text and the typed text is changed to black (depending on the position I place the cursor in the target text before starting to write). This could be acceptable, but:

The second time the same segment appears in the text (in fact, a repetition) I use the Get translation command in TagEditor. This copy the text to the target but in black colour, not in the colour stipulated for 100% match in the colour settings in Trados.

I have checked this in Word and it works fine.

Where is the problem?
How can I use colours in TagEditor? I need to make sure the colour change as specified in the dialog of WKBench.

If this is not possible (it might be a bug in TagEditor): what alternative procedure can you think of to restore the requested colours once the translation is finished? (maybe translating the original document using the memory would be an option?

Thanks
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Translated text colour problems using TagEditor

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »