Jerzy Czopik
Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 05:03
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
This looks like have you got a dialer working in behind Sep 27, 2004

Such behaviour may very well be caused by a dialer programm, which tries to connect your PC to a very expensive line. When you connect via cable, there is no danger, as there is no telephone line connected to your PC. But a dialer works in that way, that it closes the open Internet connection and estabilishes an own one, but simply via a very expensive number. In this way one should not notice, that there was a change in the connection and continue surfing, paying then by the end of the month (o... See more
Such behaviour may very well be caused by a dialer programm, which tries to connect your PC to a very expensive line. When you connect via cable, there is no danger, as there is no telephone line connected to your PC. But a dialer works in that way, that it closes the open Internet connection and estabilishes an own one, but simply via a very expensive number. In this way one should not notice, that there was a change in the connection and continue surfing, paying then by the end of the month (or getting a sheer heart attack...).

Please check your PC for possible dialer, spy-software, ad-ware and so on, as it is very likely to me, that they are your problem.

I have been using Trados (variou builds) with MS operating systems (starting with Windows 98, then 2000 and now XP) and have never experienced any slow down in Internet connection in coincidence with Trados.

Another possibility is a setting, which causes the connection to close, when it is not used for a defined period of time. Do you connect to the Internet via cable using a dial (or semi-dial) connection, or do you have a router and connect via LAN?

Regards
Jerzy
Collapse

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 05:03
English to German
+ ...
Forum commands Sep 27, 2004

Hi Ivana,
I tried to answer with quotes but it seems that they didn't appear as in your comment above. I hope my previous text is not a bit confusing, since you see no difference between my comments and yours.

Ivana

I got through it, thanks - have a look at the forum commands for quotes and other functions.

HTH, Ralf

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Internet connection problem after installing TRADOS

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »