Concordance feature
Thread poster: Antoinette-M. Sixt Ruth
Antoinette-M. Sixt Ruth
Antoinette-M. Sixt Ruth  Identity Verified
Local time: 02:00
English to German
+ ...
Sep 23, 2004

Can anyone tell me if the Concordance feature of TRADOS will look for the term that is formatted in a certain way or simply for the term?
I know that my TM does contain certain terms; but Concordance will not find them e.g. the term in the TM may Arial 14 pts., bold and underlined while the term in question may just be a plain 12 pts. Arial.
I am using FL 6.5.
Thanks.

Jørgen Madsen
Jørgen Madsen  Identity Verified
Local time: 08:00
English to Danish
+ ...
Erroneous Concordance Search Sep 23, 2004

In my experience you sometimes need to reorganize the TM for Trados to find terms using the concordance feature.

Finally there is a bug in the program which means that some words simply won't come up when performing a concordance search, especially if you mark only single words. Try marking two or more words when searching. That might help.

Though I've never heard of concordance problems due to fonts or the like.

Jørgen

Antoinette-M. Sixt Ruth
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Concordance feature Sep 23, 2004

Thanks, Jorgen.
I did re-organize the TM before I started up.
It is comforting to know that formating may not interferece with Concordance; but I will keep in mind to have Concordance look for more than just one term.
Thanks again,
Antoinette

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 08:00
English to German
+ ...
Minimum match value Sep 23, 2004

Hi Antoinette,
Tweaking the concordance settings also helps sometimes. I use a relatively low minimum match value of 30% (with a maximum of 30 hits) - of course, this will also land you with some more noise, but I very rarely have problems finding stuff.

HTH, Ralf

Antoinette-M. Sixt Ruth
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Concordance feature Sep 23, 2004

Hello Ralf:
Thank you; I think your suggestion might do the trick. I had it set to 70, which I believe is the default.
Antoinette
PS
Regarding the fraud cause I brought up earlier: I reported it to the TX Attorney General, Consumer Protection. I have not heard back from them though.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Concordance feature

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »