Thread poster: Sylvain Leray
Sylvain Leray
Sylvain Leray  Identity Verified
Local time: 13:39
Member (2003)
German to French
Sep 25, 2004

Hello,

My client sent me 4 .ttx files (.xml) to translate with the corresponding DTD. My problem is that there are 19 .ini files in the DTD folder. I usually translate .html files with the default .ini file of TagEditor, and I thought that there is only one .ini file to use at a time.

What should I do with all these files then ?
Any help appreciated!

Thank you in advance and have a nice week-end!
Sylvain

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
+ ...
Check with your client Sep 25, 2004

Hi Sylvain,
You are right - there's only one .ini to be used (although theoretically, there could be a different .ini for each of the XML files). Given that XML files have individual properties defined by the author, the only one who'll be able to tell you which .ini file is the right one is your client.

Sorry, Ralf

Sylvain Leray
Sylvain Leray  Identity Verified
Member (2003)
German to French
TOPIC STARTER
OK Sep 25, 2004

Thank you Ralf,

In the meantime, I have opened the TM provided and TagEditor has automatically selected one of the .ini files, which then appeared in the DTD dialog box.
But I will ask the client anyway.
Thanks!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Multiple DTDs

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »