Trados Compatible With Foreign Language Word?
Thread poster: Moofi
Moofi
Moofi  Identity Verified
Local time: 12:18
Polish to English
+ ...
Sep 27, 2004

Hi all,

I finally took the plunge and splashed out on a copy of Trados- it's downloading now- but before I install it, I wanted to ask one question:

Will I have any problems using it with an English Windows XP/Polish Word 2003 installation? I assume not, but you know how these things go...

Cheers.

Jerzy Czopik
Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 12:18
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
You will not have any problems Sep 27, 2004

as far as I can see that.
I do work with german WinXP, german Word XP and translate Polish.
I have had polish Word working with german OS with no problems. The only problems you may encounter are wrong coded characters in some interface pieces. This was partially the case with Word 97. However, I do not know about XP, and I hope it will be better with it.
So go on and give it a try.
OTOH I would'n install polish Word in your case, but go for an english version and install
... See more
as far as I can see that.
I do work with german WinXP, german Word XP and translate Polish.
I have had polish Word working with german OS with no problems. The only problems you may encounter are wrong coded characters in some interface pieces. This was partially the case with Word 97. However, I do not know about XP, and I hope it will be better with it.
So go on and give it a try.
OTOH I would'n install polish Word in your case, but go for an english version and install the Proofing Tool Kit instead. So you would then be able to write in Polish, while keeping the whole interface in English, helping you to orientate better in your system.

Regards
Jerzy

PS
You have placed your question in Trados support forum. Why? Trados 6.5, Windows XP and Word 2003 are fully compatible. There should be no problems, despite the language version you will use. Trados has an interface in four languages - English, German, French and Spanish. You can even switch them on the fly - no problems whatsoever.

[Edited at 2004-09-27 17:53]
Collapse

Rahi Moosavi
Rahi Moosavi  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 06:18
Member (2004)
English to Persian (Farsi)
+ ...
Persian LIP Sep 29, 2004

Hi,

I'm using Trados with Office 2003 + Win XP with or without Persian LIP (Microsoft Langauge Interface Pack, no problem at all.

Rahi

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados Compatible With Foreign Language Word?

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »