Where can I find the Trados ITP Filter Pack?
Thread poster: lrodriguez
lrodriguez
lrodriguez
Local time: 12:18
English to Spanish
+ ...
Oct 4, 2004

I have a large project in PageMaker and I need to import/export these files into Trados, which I can't do without the Filter Pack. But I can't find it anymore. From what I heard, Trados provided it for free, then they sold it to SDLX, then SDLX took it off their website.

Does anyone know where I could find this? If you have it, could you please send it to me by e-mail? (provided that the software hasn't gone commercial...)

Thanks,
LQ

Magda Dziadosz
Magda Dziadosz  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 18:18
Member (2004)
English to Polish
+ ...
Moving this topic... Oct 4, 2004

to the Trados support forum.

Magda

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
+ ...
Which Trados version? Oct 4, 2004

Hi 'LQ',
Which version of Trados do you have?

Note that the filters for DTP formats are part of T6.5 Freelance, for example

Best regards, Ralf

Jerzy Czopik
Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
You do not need the FilterPack Oct 4, 2004

to process PM or QXP or InDesign with Trados. What you need in that case, are Story Collectors, which are still part of Trados, as Ralf stated.
The FilterPack was delivered (or could be downloaded) with Trados 3, after that it was no more available. What it did, was the conversion of tagged text, delivered by StoryCollectors, to RTF, in order to process those files in Word.
Even if you would get FilterPack today, it is not compatible with the newer formats - and does not convert file
... See more
to process PM or QXP or InDesign with Trados. What you need in that case, are Story Collectors, which are still part of Trados, as Ralf stated.
The FilterPack was delivered (or could be downloaded) with Trados 3, after that it was no more available. What it did, was the conversion of tagged text, delivered by StoryCollectors, to RTF, in order to process those files in Word.
Even if you would get FilterPack today, it is not compatible with the newer formats - and does not convert files from StoryColletors from Trados 6/6.5.

Regards
Jerzy
Collapse

Judy Rojas
Judy Rojas  Identity Verified
Chile
Spanish to English
+ ...
Use TagEditor Oct 4, 2004

After exporting the PM files to tagged text format. Open TagEditor and Click on the Filke menu. Click on Open and Select Pagemaker tagged(.txt) as the file type. Tardos 6.5 will convert the file automatically. You can save the bilungual file in .ttx format and after translation you can save the target file back as Pagemaker tagged.

Regards,
Ricardo

lrodriguez
lrodriguez
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
I got the PM plugin - how do I export? Oct 4, 2004

Hello again,

Thanks to everyone for their replies. I got the Story Collector plugin for PM (it was in the Trados 6.5 zip file on their FTP), but now I need to know how to do the actual process of exporting.

I've never done this kind of export before, so any help will be appreciated.

Also, I'm getting an error that says "neither of the two text filters are installed" when I try to run the Story Collector. Any idea of what this might be?

... See more
Hello again,

Thanks to everyone for their replies. I got the Story Collector plugin for PM (it was in the Trados 6.5 zip file on their FTP), but now I need to know how to do the actual process of exporting.

I've never done this kind of export before, so any help will be appreciated.

Also, I'm getting an error that says "neither of the two text filters are installed" when I try to run the Story Collector. Any idea of what this might be?

By the way, I forgot to mention the versions (thanks Ralf!). I have Trados 6.5 Freelance and PageMaker 7.0.

Luis
Collapse

Hynek Palatin
Hynek Palatin  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
Member (2003)
English to Czech
+ ...
Download from TW_users Oct 4, 2004

You can download ITP Filter Pack 1.03 from TW_users:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/TW_users/files/Utilities/Utilities%20from%20Trados/

Or send me a message via my profile and I will send it to you by e-mail.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Where can I find the Trados ITP Filter Pack?

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »